Another interesting "Dance" fact

bsheldon

Of course we need to take care of X on tomorrow night, but this is too much fun and we as Bills fans haven't been able to it for a long time. So here goes...

St. Joe's got a bid in 2008 despite an underwhelming out of conference performance and a 9-7 A10 record mainly because they got 3 conference wins against NCAA tournament teams -- Xavier twice, and Temple once. Their overall record was 21-13. They had an RPI of 47 and SOS of 71.

Assuming we win out the regular season ( fingers crossed) and go at least 1-1 in the conference tourney that puts us at 22-9. But the kicker and most important thing (based on this line of thought taken from NITOLOGY.com and "A10 by the numbers") is our quality wins over tournament teams. Right now we only have 1 for sure in Richmond. Again, assuming we win out it would give us at least 3 with X and Temple. Furthermore, depending on whether or not RI and or Dayton wake back up we could have as many as 6 (Dayton Twice.)

Based on the above example of St Joe in '08 we would have a better resume in that regard. However, our SOS will not be as high--probably around 100 when it is all said and done. And our RPI will probably end up in the 50's. As Davidnark pointed out Sunday there have been tons of teams that get invited with RPI's over 50--as low as 74. They also like teams that are surging upwards--that is exactly what we are doing and of course would be doing RPI-wise if we beat Dayton, Temple, Dookies, and X in the coming weeks.

Heck lets just win the A-10 Tourney and be done with it.

I know, I know, first things first, but this sure is fun--I can't help myself. It has been along time since we got to do this.

Go Bills!

We really should clamp down on the post season chatter with the X game upon us tomorrow. Absolutely nothing matters right now other than beating X. If the basketball gods allow us a victory on Wednesday, then by all means speculate away.

Hey Ray J-

1) I hate your music

2) Backhand already guaranteed victory tomorrow

Speculate away Billiken Nation.

Any gamblers out there, my bookie is collecting bets. As always provide him your address for collections.

Lacledes & Annex tomorrow pre-game

Hey Ray J-

1) I hate your music

2) Backhand already guaranteed victory tomorrow

Speculate away Billiken Nation.

Any gamblers out there, my bookie is collecting bets. As always provide him your address for collections.

Lacledes & Annex tomorrow pre-game

I love your enthusiasm! - Kim Kardashian

there have been tons of teams that get invited with RPI's over 50--as low as 74.

Go Bills!

could you list those "ton of" 50+ rpi teams? i just dont recall that many. i agree there have been some. but not "a ton" and definitely not non bcs conference teams that didnt win their conference auto bid.

thanks in advance for the research.

could you list those "ton of" 50+ rpi teams? i just dont recall that many. i agree there have been some. but not "a ton" and definitely not non bcs conference teams that didnt win their conference auto bid.

thanks in advance for the research.

Perhaps "ton" was a bit overstated, but ther have been 23 teams in the last 8 seasons--about 3 per year. And yes, most (I don't know how many) were from BCS conferences. I got my info from the post by Davidnark on Sunday who says his source is "the RPI Report."

Still 3 per year is a shot--Again, we haven't had a "shot" for a long time. Plus they like teams that are rising in the RPI. This is fun and I sure hope it lasts. First things first though, we must beat X tomorrow night. Hopefully we get close with our RPI and with our quality wins we can make a solid case. We have been in the discussion over the last week and there are rumblings around the college basketball world about us. So, a red hot finish and who knows? Fingers crossed. Go Bills!