Men's Soccer coach - Hire Dale Schilly

bobiken

If SLU was going to interview Kalish they should look at Dale Schilly from St. Louis Scott Gallagher. Dale is an outstanding youth coach, is very well connected with the National Youth Program and has great contacts with all of the major youth clubs. Put an energetic young assistant with Dale and the program would be back in a very short time.

Thoughts.

If SLU was going to interview Kalish they should look at Dale Schilly from St. Louis Scott Gallagher. Dale is an outstanding youth coach, is very well connected with the National Youth Program and has great contacts with all of the major youth clubs. Put an energetic young assistant with Dale and the program would be back in a very short time.

Thoughts.

First thought is why would Dale want to leave what he has got going on over there in Collinsville with SLSG-IL? Isn't his side doing much better than the SLSG-STL side? He would get the same sort of respect as Donigan got from the STL Soccer Mafia even if he's just across the river. Second, this would be a step down in my opinion. SLU should have several people lining up at the door who are over qualified for this position; I hear this whole mess with the one-year contract is what is holding up progress.

When Dale signed up Metro United to join SLSG, there was an out clause available after a stated number of years where any club could who joined up (SG, Busch, Metro United) could walk away with no questions asked. I've heard that may be something that could happen on the IL side.

I also hear Sorbs is out as a candidate.

First thought is why would Dale want to leave what he has got going on over there in Collinsville with SLSG-IL? Isn't his side doing much better than the SLSG-STL side? He would get the same sort of respect as Donigan got from the STL Soccer Mafia even if he's just across the river. Second, this would be a step down in my opinion. SLU should have several people lining up at the door who are over qualified for this position; I hear this whole mess with the one-year contract is what is holding up progress.

When Dale signed up Metro United to join SLSG, there was an out clause available after a stated number of years where any club could who joined up (SG, Busch, Metro United) could walk away with no questions asked. I've heard that may be something that could happen on the IL side.

I also hear Sorbs is out as a candidate.

Why would Dale have to leave SLSG, Kalish is able to do both SIUE and SLSG?

Sluballs. Respect your opinions and insights about SLU soccer. What else can you telll us? Still dong first interviews? Are they adding to their list of potential coaches? Or are they narrowing down an established list?

Best guess. Will it be a local or will it be a total outsider?