Perfect Schedule

slu72

That thread on Duke below is interesting. I have no idea on how Duke schedules, but would imagine getting them to come to your place would be like arranging a Beatles reunion, make that really difficult since two of them are now playing in Rock and Roll heaven. But one thing we'd have going for us would be we play in a large metro area. This game would draw a crowd and Duke ain't above making money.

But what is the "perfect" schedule for next year's team. I would suggest an opener against a team with a 225-250RPI, a home game against a decent Ivy Leaguer or Colonial Conference team-say a 150 RPI, keep SMS or SIU(make these an every other year type thing, it's too depressing losing to them both in the same year and I think it hurts our local recruiting) add another mid major bracket buster team (like Kent State , Western Mich, Butler, or College of Charleston-selfish reasons), Dayton or Xavier, a home and home against a top 50 (like Notre Dame or even Washington), home and home vs a top 25 (pick from the likes of Kentucky, Wake Forest, North Carolina, Gonzaga, Texas, Kansas giving us possible national TV exposure). Of course shouldn't we be scheduled for a holiday tourney next year? That would take care of a couple of decent teams. Once we go to the A-10 have at least one game every year be against one of our old foes Memphis, Marquette, DePaul, Louisville, or Cinci.

Please ask BS to schedule a home/away with RB's St. Mary's Gaels. There are 5 other D1 teams out here from lowly San Jose State to mighty Stanford if that doesn't work out. Us bay area Bill's fans want to see them more than once every decade.

Any word back there on how RB's dad is doing and if he will play tomorrow and beyond as they keep winning?