Big East Shake-up?

WVBilliken

Footes in Mouth. Are you just slow or what? "Now that I have read your posts" you write?? Do you make it a practice to respond w/o first reading? Try reading your own post (above) in which you both claim I took a cheap shot on you and then later say "that's fine" Obviously, after reading your pathetic posts, it is NOT fine with you.

Last time. I will try to type slower so that you might comprehend better. I mentioned that Memphis will drop and the only question is how much. Agree or disagree with that - that is your choice. Instead, you feel the need to add your comments even if you little to add. This week you comments are with me. Last week it was with ..... Next week it will be with ..... Whatever.

Instead, I simply boiled down your earlier post - in which you disagreed w/ me - in saying NOT ONLY that Memphis is a "traditional powerhouse" BUT ALSO that they would remain a "big dance team." Hence, my post traditional powerhouse = big dance team. This, once again, is just another of your long line of great contributions to Billikens.com. Thank you again for all your profound comments. For some reason, you call this a cheap shot. What's the differnce if you are "fine" with it?

Why don't you just acknowledge the fact that you were a troll in this thread? I didn't reply to any post you made until you took a cheapshot at me. Is it that hard? Your prior post to the contrary was a flat out lie. For a dimwit like you, we all know the answer to my question is "yes". I'll keep on asking until you have a legitimate answer.

If our only disagreement is how far Memphis will fall, your position in this thread is a joke. If I claim that Memphis is a traditional powerhouse who might "only" make the tourney and win a game or two for a couple of years, so what? That would still qualify as a "powerhouse" IMO. I think they'll make it back to the final 4 in the not-too-distant future, like they have in the past. If you disagree, that's okay...but there's no need for the cheapshot.

The last time I checked, no one makes the final 4 every year. If Kansas gets bumped in the 2nd round this year, will you claim they aren't any good either?

This is really disappointing. You have the capacity to be a good poster on here, and have done so in the past. Your recent desire to take cheapshots at me has somehow clouded your reasoning and led you to make silly posts. That, combined with the fact that you're too afraid to admit when you're wrong even when the contradictions are thrown in your face, has made you sink to troll status.

Hang in there, clock. I haven't given up on you yet!

Next up, we have tonight's feature bout: Frazier vs. Ali. In the left corner, wearing the blue trunks....

Back to the matter at hand. Whether Memphis ultimately makes it to the BE or not obviously is a function of its perceived value on the football side. Memphis has a respected basketball program - at least for winning if not for sending its student-athletes to med school or law school, etc. It probably is fully capable of remaining attractive as a basketball program because it still seems to 'own' C-USA in hoops, much like Gonzaga uses the WCC to launch its almost annual tournament efforts. At least I'll assume the new coach will work out. As was mentioned above, they're still recruiting at a high level and the institutional pressure from the academic side of the house has never seemed to interfere with that reality.

As for the football end of it, where it really is going to matter, the Liberty Bowl is, in essence, a 'disaster' as I understand it. It's long in the tooth and, more importantly, apparently in a bad part of town. So suffice it to say that Memphis may have a facilities issue.

On the other hand, perhaps it's one they can address (see link). For one thing, though he's a Yale grad, Fred Smith of FedEx sees the value of having a strong UM in town; I believe he provides the school a lot of support. Between him, other well-healed boosters and FT being on contract now, don't be surprised if Memphis takes a strong run at the BE. And though the stadium may have some issues, it isn't all that bad, in the sense that it has a solid capacity number: 62k. It may not be perfect, but consider UC: Nippert Stadium is nicely rennovated and is an on-campus facility, but it seats less than 40k. Almost every football member in the BE has some program warts at this point.

At any rate, I see X and SLU and Dayton sticking together from here on in. Frankly, though you certainly want to get to a winning pattern as soon as possible, SLU is so attractive institutionally and in its hoops program in particular - for the investments that it has made - that I believe it is 'safe' should realignment occur again in the next few years of so.

Liberty Bowl Stadium Info

At any rate, I see X and SLU and Dayton sticking together from here on in. Frankly, though you certainly want to get to a winning pattern as soon as possible, SLU is so attractive institutionally and in its hoops program in particular - for the investments that it has made - that I believe it is 'safe' should realignment occur again in the next few years of so.

Would very much like to see SLU, XU and Dayton stick together if and when another conference shuffle comes along. Most believe our hall of fame coach will eventually get his team together and we will make some noise. So far though, many hickups. Code Ellis is just the latest in a long list.