Seats too Comfortable?

Although the Dayton game was intense and all fans in the arena got into it, some friends and I were wondering if the seats are too comfortable. At other last minute close games, billiken fans are sitting comfortably in their seats. No one is on their feet trying to cheer. For one game, the student section even began chanting STAND UP, STAND UP, STAND UP! Another disappointing thing I noticed was with little time left on the clock and a tight game is on the line, people start leaving. Are you serious people? Is the 15 second head start up the stairs really going to make a difference in the parking lot? Friends and I joke that they should have just had wooden benches go around the arena so people would be more inclined to stand up and cheer instead of sit and lounge. <_<

Although the Dayton game was intense and all fans in the arena got into it, some friends and I were wondering if the seats are too comfortable. At other last minute close games, billiken fans are sitting comfortably in their seats. No one is on their feet trying to cheer. For one game, the student section even began chanting STAND UP, STAND UP, STAND UP! Another disappointing thing I noticed was with little time left on the clock and a tight game is on the line, people start leaving. Are you serious people? Is the 15 second head start up the stairs really going to make a difference in the parking lot? Friends and I joke that they should have just had wooden benches go around the arena so people would be more inclined to stand up and cheer instead of sit and lounge. <_<

Its a story that surely plays out all accross the country; students vs. older boosters. Yes, the old-timers at SLU games aren't loud enough and don't stand enough during the games. And yes, there are a few that leave the games early. But at the same time, the students only show up in large numbers for the big games or free food, have in the past thrown balls on the court and recently showed they don't know when to run on a court. Neither group is perfect thats why we need a healthy amount of both as both can make the other better.

Its a story that surely plays out all accross the country; students vs. older boosters. Yes, the old-timers at SLU games aren't loud enough and don't stand enough during the games. And yes, there are a few that leave the games early. But at the same time, the students only show up in large numbers for the big games or free food, have in the past thrown balls on the court and recently showed they don't know when to run on a court. Neither group is perfect thats why we need a healthy amount of both as both can make the other better.

I do agree with you on the part about the student section. That will definately need to be worked on. As far as the thing about rushing the court... I quote the STLTODAY.COM

"I want to acknowledge the students again," Majerus said. "They did a great job. They gave us a big lift. How many times can they get out on the floor? We've got the police line out there. I was looking for the dogs from the Alabama days to bite them as they came through. We should have let them come on the court and enjoy themselves. For paying $46,000 (in tuition) they should. The players went back out. It means a lot to the players to have the students there."

One of my friends got stiff armed by a St. Louis police officer. He allowed her to pass after a period of like 10 seconds but told her that she must slow down. Are you suggesting by having a healthy amt the old boosters will teach how to rush a court?? Just kidding.