Anyone psyched for the Harris-Stowe game?

STLHI,

Did Mike Niestat from Tower Grove make H-S? jv team? I didn't see him on the roster.

Who do you think will start/play alot for your Hornets? Like I have said, Haley was a steal.

Neistat was selected for a position with an industrial firm and is taking at least this year off. His teammates Robert Mumphard and Darius Rackley both showed up on campus. Mumphard will be playing tomorrow and Rackley is redshirting. Haley was a steal and will likely be starting at one of the guard spots. Ofcourse Brandon Davis will be starting. He was All-Conference last year. They have a 6'6 D2 transfer Frankie Wheeler from Texas-Permian-Basin who should help a lot and might start at pf or sf. The other two starting spots are up in the air. I'm expecting strong contributions, from at least two other freshman: 6'6 forward Elliott Black (Kennedy HS,) another steal, and 6'2 pg Terry Hollins from Milwaukee, a redshirt freshman who could be most talented player on the team. Another freshman who might start is 6'6 Courtney Swinney, a 6'6 hustle player. They had their best recruiting class ever. Harris-Stowe has never had a team with this much raw potential. A couple of guys on campus who wont be available for tomorrow's game, but should be available in the future are 2005 Riverwar Slam Dunk champion Demario Smith and former Vashon big man Brian Roach. Those 2 guys would've helped a lot on the interior in this matchup.

I found this link of Hollins, mentioned among the All-Area teams with Kwamain Mitchell

http://www2.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?...mp;format=print

And here is Harris-Stowe's roster

NUMBER NAME PREVIOUS SCHOOL/HOMETOWN POSITION CLASS

1 Terry Hollins Marquette H.S./ Milwaukee, WI Guard Fr.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Robert Mumphard Tower Grove Christian H.S./ St. Louis, MO Guard Fr.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 Stacy Sorrell Cuyahoga C.C./ Cleveland, OH Guard Jr.

13 Chad Haley Marquette H.S./ St. Louis, MO Guard Fr.

14 Jeramie Elston Madison H.S./ Madison, IN Forward Fr.

22 Kouri Flye Forest Park C.C./ Harlem, NY Guard So.

23 Ahmadou Fall Forest Park C.C./ Dakar, Senegal Center So.

24 Theo Boykin Forest Park C.C./ St. Louis, MO Forward Sr.

25 Elliot Black Kennedy H.S./ St. Louis, MO Forward Fr.

30 Nick Jackson Alton H.S./ Alton, IL Guard Fr.

32 Brandon Davis Kaskaskia C.C./ Chicago, IL Guard Sr.

33 Uros Vukovich Palomar C.C./ San Diego, CA Center Sr.

34 Courtney Swinney Beaumont H.S./ St. Louis, MO Forward Fr.

35 Frankie Wheeler University of Texas Permain Basin/ Orlando, FL Forward Sr.

50 Trent Klein Silex H.S./ Silex, MO Center Fr.

Rob Mumphard highlights

Elliott Black highlights

I try to stay away from talking about a player being athletic, because there's always some wisecrack about it on here, but Mumphard can go and get anything and he's just as athletic jumping off one leg and as he is going off both. He has a ton of upside. His level of high school competition wasnt the greatest, so this year will be a bit of an adjustment for him offensively, but he is a good defensive player and he was awarded the Most Outstanding Defensive Player award last year at the NACA DII National tournament where the team finished 2nd. I think DI NACA is for schools like Oak Hill, Mount Zion, etc. If you watched the video, you can see the elevation he gets on his jumpshot and the solid stroke. Mumphard can be as good as he wants to be.

Not being an ass... but then why is he at Harris Stowe?

I didnt take it like that. His game just wasnt ready for a bigger level yet. The poor level of high school competition didnt force him to be a better player than he was during his high school career. All the tools are there for this kid and its up to him to push himself and be the best player he can be, because his ceiling is sky high. He also has to learn the game. In addition to that two of his teammates that were apart of their dynamic trio that went undefeated all the way through the state championship to their only loss of the season in National title game had already committed to Harris-Stowe, and it was hard to say no to them. Also, I dont think too many college coaches went to see Tower Grove Christian vs St. Louis Christian. I dont think he will play much tomorrow, because honestly the guys ahead of him are more ready to play. He will finish his career as a stud or an enigmatic talent. NAIA is the perfect level for this kind of player.

Because the poor level of competition didnt force him to be a better player than he was during his high school career. All the tools are there for this kid and its up to him to push himself and be the best player he can be, because his ceiling is sky high. In addition to that two of his teammates that were apart of their dynamic trio that went undefeated all the way through the state championship to the National title game had already committed to Harris-Stowe, and it was hard to say no to them. Also, I dont think too many college coaches went to see Tower Grove Christian vs St. Louis Christian.

Fair enough. Thanks. I'll never count a kid on based on his college level. There are far too many good players these days to only pay attention to D1.

Fair enough. Thanks. I'll never count a kid on based on his college level. There are far too many good players these days to only pay attention to D1.

And definitely a fair question. D1 is head and shoulders above the other talent levels, but once a kid doesn't meet that ultimate goal of going D1 they could really end up anywhere. There are NAIA level kids playing D2 and D2 level kds playing NAIA or DIII. Its just a matter of perception by the coach at that time and usually the NAIA kid at D2 will ride the pine while the D2 talent playing at an NAIA or DIII will thrive. Josh Harrellson was only offered by Western Illinois coming out of high school, they hadnt offered who knows where he would've ended up. Same thing with a kid like Anthony Mitchell. I'm not saying Mumphard is D1. He is where he belongs, but he has the potential to be a star at his level and not just a rotation player.