Lady Bills

Newberry

Yes, I saw the game Friday. It was a really good game and the crowd seemed into it. The Jillikens(everybody calls them that) almost pulled it off. But cam up short. THere were some good plays and if they made there ft's they should have won. Also there was some questionable coaching calls, the kids kind of looked mixed up. I think I was sitting next to the AD at Slu and the president( I think his name is Biondi) The AD stayed but the Pres left. He was a big and he left at half time, he did not seem to into the game. BUt hopefully they can win one on the road and still have a chance to make the cuse tourney, if not it looks like it was a dissapointing season for them since they made the wnit last year and can't even repeat that. BUt atleast the MEN won today, those guys look like they play hard and listen to their COACH.

GO BILLIKENS

who are you?

the lady billikens game was boring. my goodness, i've never seen the like. the under-10 factor is unbelievable. the billiken comes out with mini-basketball or tee shirts and the pitch of the screams is higher than jill pizzoti.

after the band played "you've said it all" and went on with the "anheuser busch, saint louis, missouri" part at the end, boy were there some angry looks from the parents of the 10 year old girls. since when is a college basketball game crowd 95% little girls under the age of 10. that's really sad. oh wait, it's womens' basketball. who wants to watch it or cares? no one. not even other women watch it.

the best chant of the game was "ref's got a mullet" to one of two female refs with a missouri compromise. it got really loud. i had tears in my eyes.

Fire Pizzotti she sucks!! How can can you make the post season before and lose almost 20 games the following season? I mean some teams have bad seasons but they Pizzotti just loses too much. Yeah they lost 5 seniors from last years team, but most teams lose seniors and still are able to win.

Woolard needs to wake up and smell the coffee, he needs to fire Pizzotti. Hire one of the asstistants, they look like they could do a good job their coaching background is good and they have expierence. He hired Sodaberg as and he wasn't even a head coach for a whole season and Woolard is looking like a genius. Hopefully he will do the same for women side and hire one of those assistants. He will look like genius again.

there is no excuse for the way Pizzotti runs her program, she just sucks needs to be canned. Also she needs to get some public speaking skills and stop talking jive. Heard her the radio after the game and had trouble understanding her. One other thing from the radio, Pizzotti needs to stop talking about the SLU education. Yeah its good and her players graduate but all she said about those seniors last night is they are graduating witha slu degree and it will help get a good job. First of you go to college to get a degree. 2nd that will you get a job hopefully.

But Pizzotti is there to win basketball games, you never here about womens college basketball having trouble graduating players. Sorry for the bitching they just need to get rid of her

Woolard hope you are reading this!!!

They won 20 games last year and went to the womens NIT (something that doesn't happen too often). This isn't the NBA Eastern Conference and there certainly isn't millions of dollars at stake. Pehaps the "fire pizzoti" stuff should cool off. I also don't think that Pizzoti's skills on a microphone have anything to do with her holding her position. If the girls don't like her, then hey, i'm with you, but I don't think we really know what the situation is.

Hey and people who are complaining about the screaming kids. I'm just happy that parents are taking their kids to a basketball game (it's better than kids sitting around playing video games, going to the mall, and feeding their faces).

Am I correct to assume that you don't like parents taking their children to sporting events? Relax.