Coaching question

Quickdraw

From the bench, Brad is frequently seen giving directions to the players. One of his frequent gestures is to hold his arms in front, across his body, with hands parallel, palms down. One hand is high, the other low, as he quickly zig-zags them back and forth. What does this instruct them to do?

>From the bench, Brad is frequently seen giving directions to

>the players. One of his frequent gestures is to hold his

>arms in front, across his body, with hands parallel, palms

>down. One hand is high, the other low, as he quickly

>zig-zags them back and forth. What does this instruct them

>to do?

As the Bills rarely run set plays, my guess would be that he is trying to encourage them to move, to run the offense (to keep cutting would be how I would interpret the hand signal). Remember last year in crunch time when we would throw the ball to Marque and everybody else would just stand and watch? I know coach does not want us to get into the same bad habit (throw the ball to Reggie and everybody else watch). He wants the guys to keep moving, working the offense.

no set plays doesnt mean they dont start in different sets or formations to break out from. for example. they could start four across high or stack low in two's. or they could start out in a 1-3-1 or a 1-2-2.

or it could mean a focus for that trip. i.e. so many passes, a concentrated effort to get it to the post or a certain player, or maybe attack a certain player.

i would be surprised if it wasnt some sort of strategical signal. but who knows.

it has been going on for a few games now and only happens when josh is bringing it down the floor and looking over at coach soderberg. i guess it could be some sort of silent message to josh.