Now that baskball is over (for me it is anyway.......)

The baseball field is pretty convienent. I wouldnt try parking on it though. My hope is that the new arena will help boost awareness for the baseball program. The new coach is working to change the perception and help from Billiken boosters to enhance the baseball facilities will go a long way to do so. It might be hard to ignore the fields from the walk from the Compton Garage to Chaifetz.

When I got a tour of the Fetz several months ago Mark Wright said that an upgrade of the baseball facilities is next on the agenda. I think they are pretty serious about upgradeing all sports.

I sat down there once waiting to catch the Metro to go the airport pretty close to midnight. You just have to talk to yourself every couple of minutes to seem a bit off-kilter. And don't flash the electronics around. I don't really worry about myself, I feel like you can usually just give people a look that says "don't F w/ me, I won't F w/ you" and that's enough. But I would worry about taking my family down there one day. SLU DPS is really sh!tty, too. I had a group of female friends a couple years ago that were BERATED by a DPS officer for calling a ride from the Salus Center. These were not needy, uppity chicks either. They just knew it wasn't the safest thing for a group of college-aged girls to be walking around there, and the dude made them feel bad about it. I know that's just an isolated incident, but it does play a factor in one's assessment of an area and its safety.

The only time mid-town is unsafe is when you are a 18-20yr old female walking out of a bar, stumbling, swinging your purse in the air. I questioned robbing those types myself. I worked at Salus and walked there from main campus many times, never had one problem. The area is bad if you want it to be. For all the people who were afraid to go to Dell Taco, you missed out.