OT-UH Warriors

alameda bob

now that the real good bowl games are upon us I want everyone to check out tthe Sugar Bowl on Tuesday night. The University of Hawaii will open some eyes on the mainland. I hope they bring the mascot to New Orleans. He is Vili, the warrior, and is a show in itself. I met him at the Coconut Festival in Kapaa in October. He was very entertaining even without a game.

now that the real good bowl games are upon us I want everyone to check out tthe Sugar Bowl on Tuesday night. The University of Hawaii will open some eyes on the mainland. I hope they bring the mascot to New Orleans. He is Vili, the warrior, and is a show in itself. I met him at the Coconut Festival in Kapaa in October. He was very entertaining even without a game.

The mascot is about the only thing they have going for them tonight. They are/were overwhelmed by Georgia.

It appears that the Rainbow Warriors were not as gifted as last year's surprise team, the Boise State Broncos. I didn't see a bowl game worth watching yesterday with the exception of maybe this one from a "curiosity" standpoint. But when I put it on, it was 14 to 3 and the drive I watched prettymuch seemed to show that the final was already in themaking. At 41 to 10, I'd say so. I guess the pundits that said the Warriors were overrated knew what they were talking about. Kind of like Tulane in CUSA a couple of years ago. Frankly, I don't see a bowl game left that I care to watch rightnow. I'll watch Monday's championship game for at least a half --- won't sacrifice sleep over it thought.