Kwamain Mitchell last night

He couldn't be more different than Allen Iverson. If anything he needs to be "more" selfish at times. He's a team player, creates for others first, runs a team well. He'll be more advanced than most of SLU's other recruits next season. On a separate note, Korie Lucious is a terrific player as well and will do great things at Michigan St.

In what way does K. Mitchell remind you of Iverson?

Besides the physical built of 180 Lbs. and 6 feet, dominating big men with that stature is hard to come by..

I saw this post in a uw madison board by uwm97

I took in the Dominican/Racine Lutheran game last night. Here are a few observations re: Mitchell:

1. Lightning quick, and I mean lightning. He was playing at a different speed than anybody else. Whenever he wanted to get into the lane, he did. And when he got into the lane, he finished. He was jumping over everybody, including his own teammates.

2. Very fluid jump shot. He's pretty high in the air at the release point, so he'd have no problem shooting over guys taller than him.

3. Dominican employs a true, full-court press. I would guess Mitchell came away with four or five steals. He was all over the place on that press.

4. Attentive. I was sitting a few rows behind Dominican's bench in the 1st half, and Mitchell was soaking up everything the coach was saying. He was also communicating with the coach quite a bit when he was running the point.

5. Mitchell had a few laser, no-look passes to guys open underneath the basket. Tremendous vision.

Brian Wardle was sitting a few bleaches behind me during the game, so GB is apparently interested in him as well. Mitchell is the kind of kid you don't want to see get away to another team in the Horizon, because this kid is going to be one hell of a player. I'll be surprised if he's not a 3-star recruit come next season. The thought of him and Deonte Roberts in our backcourt for three years is making me salivate. I strongly urge anybody who can to make a Dominican game this year to see this kid. He's going to be a special one.

Iverson being branded a ball hogger is not one of their similarities..and again hopefully it continues in SLU.. B)

Guest BillikenReport

Besides the physical built of 180 Lbs. and 6 feet ...

Looks to me like Kwamain is built a lot bigger than Iverson.

Don't believe whatever you read about Iverson's height and weight. He's much smaller than his listed numbers.

I covered the Sixers several years back. I have a lot of respect for Iverson's game because he's so small but is able to take a physical pounding year after year and is still a very productive player.

- Nate

Don't believe whatever you read about Iverson's height and weight. He's much smaller than his listed numbers.

I covered the Sixers several years back. I have a lot of respect for Iverson's game because he's so small but is able to take a physical pounding year after year and is still a very productive player.

- Nate

Nate you've really gone places, glad you are part of the community..

- Nate

Was Larry Hughes playing for the Sixers when you covered them?