Quin Snyder

Andy Katz on ESPN.com has reported Quin Snyder has replaced the late Dennis Johnson as head coach of the NBA Development League's Austin Toros. Snyder said " I came to the conclusion after looking at business stuff that I wanted to coach. That's my passion," Snyder said. "I'm excited about this opportunity. I missed the competition, the teaching and the coaching. This is a great opportunity for me."

Does anyone think he will ever coach in college again?

Oh-boy ... where can I get an Austin Toros jersey with the number 1 and the namplate "Quinny" ont he back?

Seriously, this guy's greatest claim to fame, ability-wise, was being able to recruit. And while some might argue otherwise, it was really an ability to recruit at DUKE. I might be overstepping myself here but I think even I can recruit at Duke. His strength did not seem to be X's and O's and his ability to run a program seems questionable at best. It would also seem to make sense that seeing as the "D" in NBDL stands for "Developmental" what has this guy shown as to his ability to develop players to date?

How fall has this mighty fallen? You've got to believe his Mizzou stay must have really tarnished his star ... there's got to be a whole world of Florida Atlantics, Savannah States, Elons and others that would jump at a chance to hire a Dookie pedigree. Maybe it was him, I don't know but this will cause me a curiosity look at the NBDL standings every now and then to see how he's doing.

taj said,

"there's got to be a whole world of Florida Atlantics, Savannah States, Elons and others that would jump at a chance to hire a Dookie pedigree."

well unless the rumor mill says that the "coach" in question is a womanizing coke snorting idiot. even dook cant save that.

I thought ol' Quinny had a drop dead gorgeous wife to go with his impeccable Dookie pedigree. Did I miss something? What's the coke reference to? Had not heard about hta one either --- which should really demonstrate what a Quin-watcher I am not. Fill me in.

Almost all folks get hired .... Quinny just had a bad run his first time out. Happens to a lot of folks. Matt Doherty by the time he got to UNC comes to mind. Even Larry Eustachy resurfaced at SoMiss. Or does Quinny want to follow in the footsteps of what has to be his idol ---- Larry Franks at New Jersey.

Whatever. I don't lose sleep over it.