Which player will be helped the most by RM's arrival?

brianstl

I said Tommie for one major reason. At times under UB, Tommie seemed to be hesitant to take over games. Under RM's system, I think Tommie will be encouraged to use his all around game, especially his slashing ability to take over more ballgames. Also, playing in an "NBA style" offensive scheme I think he will be the focal point (along with lisch). I wouldn't be surprised to see TL average 20 ppg this season.

However, with that being said I do believe that BH and AK will benefit significantly as well. RM has a history of developing solid big men in his programs. Also, at the press conference, RM seemed pretty high on BH (although some of that was because of the fact he is mormom..haha)

Majerus coached and helped develop a number of NBA players. Tommie is the guy who wants to achieve that, but needs to develop certain aspects of his game. Given Majerus' history, Tommie could be the guy who has the most to gain and benefit from.

I may be wrong there...I just assumed he was referring to BH because I was standing near some of the players and they kept looking at BH with a big grin on their faces when he kept talking about the big mormon guy. If anybody knows please post something.

I can see your point about the NBA and I believe Majerus will get him close if not there. If not Tommie will make a ton overseas. Tommie's basement on the college level Mardy Collins, his ceiling is Javaris Crittenton or if he moves to wing Chris Carawell or Morris Almond. Almond and Crittenton are projected as late 1st rd picks this year. Almond is very similar to Tommie. His basement on the wing is the player he currently is now, hopefully he only gets better.

>Rick Majerus can help get Tommie Liddell to the NBA.

>

>Majerus apparently really likes Tommie and will work to get

>him to be more aggressive.

>

>An aggressive Tommie could be a wealthy Tommie in a couple

>years.

>

>- Nate

Hard to disagree Nate but I'll take the contrarian view. Even under Sodie, Tommie was destined for the NBA. From 15 ppg, how far will TL rise? I would have expected 17 ppg next season even without RM. We saw flashes when he took over conference games last season. Bryce Husak was invisible bar two or three games last season (most notably UMass in the A10 tourney). Could Majerus turn Husak into 25 mpg / 10 ppg / 7 boards / 3 blocks center? Is a bench spot in the NBA a level to which Majerus could raise Husak's game (in only one year)? Lord, I hope so. They may be unrealistic thoughts but this is why my vote went for Husak as the guy who will be the biggest beneficiary of the RM hiring.