Am i missing something?

moytoy12

Didn't Brad have a larger buyout clause in his contract? It seems odd that he would take 300k if that is substantially less than the stated buyout. I don't believe the following, but it does give some circumstantial evidence to support that Brad messed up somewhere and accepted less than the stated buyout in order to keep everything hush hush. But, it couldn't have been too large of a flub because SLU wouldn't have paid anything if Brad breached his contract.

>I thought someone had once posted that the buyout for the

>remaining 2 years was around 800k.

The only quote I saw on Brad's salary was that it was "less than $420k". The exact figure was never given (to my knowledge). Thus, $800k would be the full salary, not a buyout. I think people are jumping to conclusions by assuming that there was some sort of impropriety on Brad's part given the rumored $300k buyout. SLU had leverage over Brad when he was hired and we know Father Larry is a hard negotiator (I can only imagine the bare knuckle brawl over contract language that occurred between representatives Biondi and Majerus). Might SLU have slipped a low buyout option into Brad's contract after the expiration of a certain portion of the contract? Wouldn't surprise me. Might Brad have had a minor recruiting infraction and SLU jumped on that give him the boot? Wouldn't surprise me either. Did Brad do something outlandish and highly unethical? I'd be unbelievably shocked if this were true.