Majerus info (for what it's worth)

I'll start by saying that I don't claim to be an "insider" and don't typically post this sort of thing in here.

My connection tells me the following...

Majeus IS interested.

He's not looking to break the bank, but won't be cheap either.

Really wants a guarantee that he'll have the funds to bring in top-notch assistants (another long-time deficiancy at SLU).

Is VERY concerned about the way CL was apparently kept in the dark and left out on the Sodie firing.

Anybody who reads this board can tell you that I never make this kind of post, so please spare me the "give us your source" kinds of replies. Like I said in the title, take it for what it's worth.

Those are legitimate concerns for any coach taking this job. I remember Kevin Stallings say one of the most important things to him is coming up with good salaries to hire good assistants, something SLU wasn't willing to do.

Cutting Cheryl out of the loop was stupid. Biondi's autocratic style may cost him here.

Footes is a long time poster who doesn't banty around BS. If he trusts his source, good enough for me. Since CL hasn't spoken, wasn't at the banquet, and supposedly not even know Majerus she's got to be licking some serious wounds right now. If it's true she's not been a part of any of this, which I find hard to believe, I would expect she'll be checking out. I don't know why Majerus would be concerned about her being ignored in this if it truly is Biondi and Dr. Cheifitz pulling the strings. If he's hired he's going to be a much larger personality at SLU than CL, which is not unusual for a big time HC. Does anyone believe coach K, Rick Pitino, Roy Williams, Billy the Kid, Bob Knight, Huggins really consider the AD to be their boss and have authority over them? Not likely. They answer to themselves unless they break rules. This is the type of coach we'd be getting in Majerus.