Houston Kingwood Classic

I hearing close to 300 teams!!! It will be interesting to see how they work it this year. NCAA sanctioned tourney's have a 5 game per 48hour limit, and only 3 games in a 24 hour period. No games can start before 8am or after 10pm. They will have to have several division champions... noway they can play all those games in a 72 hour period.

Tons and tons of D1 coach's at different games. They keep them seperated from players and fans with their own entrance and bleachers. It's fun to see if you ever get the chance.

There are I believe approximately 700 teams this year.

In the 17's for example, there are 100 pools of 3 teams in each pool. ...at 9 different sites.

Then it breaks down into tourneys based on pool play results.

4 main draw tourneys(Platinum, Gold, Silver. Bronze)

3 Consolation tourneys....titled something like Diamond A, B, C, ...

Vegas canceled their tourney next weekend because the Houston event is so big.

That is just crazy.. Think about the logistics of that for a minute? How many referrees you need? How many officials do you need at each site.. what a huge huge event.. What an event!!!

Yea so the 300 number I heard was just u17's then!!!! Just one of the 3 age groups. (U15't & U16's too) Wow!!! Mind boggeling!!

CMA.... you want a funny tid bit on this. Tyler was in 8th grade and we played down there.. Since he was still in the 8th grade. It was legal for him to talk to the coach's. But with NCAA guys all over and coach's watching coach's... you should have seen them run or look at Tyler if he approached them. It was funny. I remember talking to a few, Brad included but all would laugh and say "we know he's in 8th grade but not everyone does..so we can't really talk to you". It was funny.

One of Lute Olsen's assistants had been in touch with us, and Tyler approached him and I thought he was going to come unglued when Tyler shook his hand. ..but later his assistant explained to him he's in 8th grade..he got a kick out of that...but still would only wave and smile at us. It was funny. The look on Lute Olsen's face..was priceless..What is this kid doing he can't shake my hand???