Shimmy needs to go (according to the logic on here)

I have deciced that SLU's women's team should have the same results as Tennessee and UConn every year. Shimmy didn't do that this season, so she should obviously be fired. If you don't agree with me you are drinking the kool-aid and willing to accept mediocrity. Who cares where the last coach left the program? If we decide to give Shimmy one more season she must win 27 games at least.

How does that sound!?!?!?

;0)

I understand the sarcasm of the post, but do you really perceive that people have expectations that approach what you are suggesting?

Re: Shimmy, everyone agrees she has the program going in the right direction. You give me a Shimmy-like coach for the men's team who has righted the ship and put things into place like she has and i have no problem excusing such coach from missing the post-season. It's odd that we can find Shimmy for a program that had zero history, zero facilities, zero things going for it, yet we find it utterly inconceivable that a similar coach could be found for the men's team which has a little history, a litle public support and some nice players coming off a 20 win season.

Shimmy was a Juco coach in Seattle for a year, then was hired as an assistant at Washington where she spent two years. From Washington she was an assistant at Arizona before arriving here at SLU. Shimmy is not going anywhere! She started 4 freshmen, played 5 freshmen considerable minutes and has a great recruiting class coming in; with two recruits locked up for the '08 class. They hung tough with George Washington for the majority of the game this year, who won last night and has advanced to the sweet sixteen over Texas A&M. She wants to take these kids to a conference championship and the NCAA's!