dogfans will love this from Chicagohoops.com

GOSLU68

There is an article that is talking about how Justin Bocot want to play alongside Verdell Jones and that the Bocot signing puts SIU in competition to get Jones.  Check that kid out - incredible!

The other thing that I was reading is that New Mexico has Chris Lowrey on their short list of coaching candidates.  They contacted SIU and we have not heard from UNM.  But, to read the news - New Mexico talks about Lowrey being a great coach coming from an up and coming mid-major.  The thing that I marveled at is that I consider the UNM program to be a mid-major too and their conference is a couple notches below SIU's program.   Besides, you would have to learn how to spell Albacurkquee  if you moved there.

But, the same thing happened in St. Louis with Bruce Weber.  Saint Louis University lost Lorenzo Romar and the media announced that Weber would be the next coach.  Weber told the Saint Louis media he wasn't interested in leaving SIU for SLU and took the Illini job about a week and a half later.

I wouldn't put New Mexico's conference a couple of notches below SIU's program....as you worded it...nor would I put the league a couple of notches below the MVC. New Mexico as a team/program is currently performing below SIU, I would say that.

It's Albuquerque btw...who averaged 13,000 fans a game this year at the infamous Pit. Pretty good for most, but it was their worst in FORTY years.(You won't find many better fan bases) Brand new practice facilities opened a year ago. They are willing to pay up to $1 million for a new coach and are lobbying big donors. Lowery wouldn't go there, but it isn't a bad job.

Even Utah is offering $800,000 for their next coach...about 26 current openings right now...most mid-major or low-major.