Torres Roundtree

CAG

My first chance to see him. That guy was unbelievable last night. I think he had 38 pts on 12-14 shooting and 14 boards. He was all over the place on the offensive and defensive end. Made a great NBA three at the end of the first half. The way he went up and got boards reminded me of Tommie. He was aggressive and a quick leaper. No way McCluer North doesn't win state next year.

Chris Lowery and SIU fans have to be ecstatic that they got to this guy before SLU, MU & IL had a chance. SLU missed out big time. Booker was impressive as well. I saw him step out and hit a three. We could use him as well. Wait a second, we could use any 6'8" guy right now.

CAG

Hopefully the Bills will get Femi John. Torres said he wanted Booker and Perry to accompany him to SIU, not John. IF Torres had Femi's jumper he'd abe a high major prospect. Gateway should be able to handle McCluer North next year whether they get Irons or not. Perry can matchup with Booker, Harris can matchup with Roundtree and Belger, a good defender can matchup with Femi. I dont see them winning again. All teams have to do is a little scouting and go Box and 1 on Femi. Torres isnt even looking to anything, but post up and get layups and front the post on Torres. The Booker put back slam in the semifinal game was sick. I've seen Booker have some really good games, but he doesnt bring it every night and that has to change. The battle had with Richard Anderson was an instant class of underclassmen bigs headed to D1. Richard got the better of him, but they both had 20 and 10.

McCluer North should be better than Gateway Tech next year.

Torres Roundtree, Femi John and Anthony Booker should be better. Deon Hemphill, who was supposed to start at point guard this year, will be back as a senior Bobby Peebles, who will be a junior, was impressive at times this season.

Plus, whoever else ends up there and whatever kids come up from J.V.

Kenny Harris did look good at Eagles tryouts on Sunday, but I'd still give the edge to McCluer North. The experience of going to state and winning it all with a young team will help them in tough spots next year.

Webster Groves could make a run next year as well.

- Nate

Deon hemphill was not supposed to start this year. I dont know why the post put him in the article in the stuff. I guess because he played on Gateway and they wanted an All-AAU starting lineup. Thompson started over him in 2005-2006 and I knew he would start over him this year. There was no reason to believe Hemphill would beat out the incumbent starter. Just because Hemphill played with Gateway and Thompson with the relative unknown Northside squad, he's been hyped. Many didnt even know who Thompson was, but I did. I knew 100% that he would start this year.