Billiken Lyric Contest

kwyjibo

While I did not enjoy the game (a Fordham official told me to "bring this same team back next year") there was a lot of SLU fans there. A few even flew in from St. Louis and were set to go to Broadway shows that night. One group was set to go to "Mamma Mia"! I was off to see "Get Your War On!" (over the top hilarious!) myself but once I combined Abba and Billiken disappointment together I could not help but start humming "Chiquitita".

Anyway, how about a thread that combines some of your commentary and perspective from an existing lyric (I suppose slight modifications are OK). It is obvious that people are tired of rehashing the same old commentary so maybe this can freshen it up a bit. The contest winner gets all the virtual Billiken vodka or lemonade they can drink.

Chiquitita (excerpt)

"So the walls came tumbling down

And your loves a blown out candle

All is gone and it seems too hard to handle

Chiquitita, tell me the truth

There is no way you can deny it

I see that you're oh so sad, so quiet

Chiquitita, you and I know

How the heartaches come and they go and the scars they're leaving

You'll be DANCING once again and the pain will end

You will have no time for grieving

Chiquitita, you and I cry

But the sun is still in the sky and shining above you

Let me hear you sing once more like you did before

Sing a new song, chiquitita

Try once more like you did before

Sing a new song, chiquitita"

Yes, after Luke got tangled up with one of their players there was the "a--hole" chant from the students at one end. I was surprised I did not here any "FU" cheers.

That wasn't the best though. The SLU fans were seated in one section (to give you an idea how small this gym was SLU fans filled all of Section 111). One SLU person came up to the Fordham fan taking up 2 seats next to my wife, showed him her tickets, and received this response "Shut up and sit the f--k down." Welcome to the Bronx!