SLU-MoState

Basketbill

This finish is a product of trying to get it right. SLU comes out on top this time. It easily could have been the other way around. As for the official clock, it seems ironic that the clocks are not synchronized, as that would solve the problem, it seemed to me the horn went off and the clock was still moving. Yet NCAA rules have the officials go to the replay, therefore that clock then becomes the de facto "official clock".

Complicating matters is that the slow motion replays have no sound, so there is no hint that the clock are not in sync, which is why the clock differential is not noted on the replay.

It goes to show you that Officials are actually pretty good at this, even Soderberg thought it was not good.

Does this belittle SLU's win, No Way. They fought hard to come back and within the rules of play and officiating they won. Mo. State needs to worry about Doug Woolard and USF, and SLU gets ready for Tyler. Both Bear fans and SLU fans need to root for each others team now.

The ultimate Irony is that this is a SMS television crew.

I don't think it "belittles" anyone ... the winner or the loser. I'd applaud Mo State for coming in to a hostile environment and winning 39 minutes, 59 and nine/tenths seconds of the game. I'd applaud SLU for winning and coming back down 11 or so in the last five or six minutes. I'd boo Mo State for letting that happen, much like I'd boo SLU for finding itself in that position at home no less. I'd cheer Dwayne for his effort on Ahearn. Standing ovation for shutting that agrument up emphatically in Blake's senior visit. Come selection time, its a good win for the Bills, a good loss for the Bears.

Let the "wait until next year" claims begin.

I think this is a more systemic problem with using TV feeds, because they have a mechanical delay because of all of the processing the signal must go through...which were never uncovered until scoreboard technology improved with high-def boards and digital technology.

It makes you wonder how many other last second shots could've been waved off....

As far as losing/winning tough ones....we have been on the losing end of plenty of these!

SOME EXAMPLES:

Phantom travel by Marque at Mizzou

Reggie's toe on the line vs Arizona

Josh Fisher's 5-second call (in 3 seconds) vs Marquette

Marque's shot just after the buzzer (twice) vs Tulane and UAB at the C-USA tourney

What goes around comes around.....