Realignment thread on Louisville board...

gister

In reading this, I'm not sure the Big East taking whoever they want is a done deal. There seems to be a lot of unhappiness within the Big East. No new news, but interesting reading. A WVU fan chimes in, presenting a number of existing problems to be solved.

http://insiders4.ezboard.com/flouisvillefr...start=1&stop=20

gister

Thanks for finding this one. It is a little long but I suggest others read it that are interested in all this conference realignment stuff.

The one point that I think hasn't been mentioned or at least not very often is - how long will it be before some of the BE FB schools jump ship, like BC, Syracuse, Pitt, or WVU. I don't believe any of these schools can be pleased with losing Miami and VaTech and replacing them with Cinn. and Louisville. The ACC will very likely be looking to add at least one more team in the near future and it would seem one of these 4 would be most likely and the 3 that are left will be looking for a new home somewhere down the road. That is why I think there are risks in trying to jump to the BE. Who knows which schools will be around several years down the road. That is why I could see Marquette and DePaul jumping now and in 5 or 6 years come looking around the midwest for someplace to land.

Just some thoughts.