A-10 refs bad? Did U of I get A-10 refs????

Wow...worst officiated game I've ever seen. I'm not all for Illinois, but I think that was the worst officiated game in the tournament so far. It was almost as worse as Auggie getting three fouls against Sean May before the first media timeout in the National Championship game last year. What ref has an axe to grind with probably the nicest coach in D-1, Bruce Weber????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Romar definately got the West Coast love from the A-10 refs who probably had a hand in this one, since they are the worst refs in America. Just awful. I hope Romar gets his ass handed to him by UCONN.

i agree with the fouls called on illinois. what was wrong was the lack of fouls on washington. even with the illini (who lives and dies by the three pointer) not driving the lane there should have still been more fouls called on washington than that.

BOW DOWN TO WASHINGTON!

They earned that win. They attacked the basket drawing the fouls. No ticky-tack stuff (unlike the hand check on Roy that was his 4th). Auggie was bailed out repetedly from getting his 3rd and 2 blocking calls on Washington should have gone the other way - even Bilas was ripping the refs on that one.

Though perhaps those refs were just auditioning for a Pac 10 job :)!

i was waving romar and washington pom pom's phan. sorry to disappoint you. go check my billikens.com brackets if you dont believe me. i am still coach romar's biggest backer. if you read my comments, i said i had no problem with the fouls called on illinois.

and i have continuously said in officiating discussions i want all the fouls called, thus my statement about not enough called on washington.

but nice try in your attempts to twist my words.......again.

>i was waving romar and washington pom pom's phan. sorry to

>disappoint you. go check my billikens.com brackets if you

>dont believe me. i am still coach romar's biggest backer.

>if you read my comments, i said i had no problem with the

>fouls called on illinois.

>

>and i have continuously said in officiating discussions i

>want all the fouls called, thus my statement about not

>enough called on washington.

>

>but nice try in your attempts to twist my words.......again.

I was talking to BillikenMetz. It's not always about you Roy.

This was Weber using his no help defense (no "pack defense") against a team that had superior quickness and wasn't going to settle for outside jump shooting. If you look at the majority of the fouls it was WU driving to the hoop and an Illinois player guarding him who had NO (NONE!)Help/Pack defensive support. If you get beat with the system they used today, you were giving up a layup or a dunk. Thus, why they had the majority of fouls. This is a great defense against shooters but against teams that have players who can take it to the rim and score it's not that effective. This team lost three really good college defenders who didn't get beat off the dribble; Weber just couldn't replace them as easily.

then maybe you should have directly responded to metz or in your post said you were responding to metz.