Who is this kid: Nathan Neal

former_d1

d-1, if he is truly from "Belleville", IL i would know him if he was a decent high school player in the recent past. either this is a different belleville, or he recently moved there as i dont remember any neal kid playing for any of the belleville teams recently. He might have played at east st louis and family recently moved. but i dont know the eastside rosters as well. he wasnt a star though.

Roy, he is a 6'8" 240 lbs kid. I just can't believe he can walk if he did not get a scholarship at that weight and size.

Here is a link to him: http://www.ualr.edu/~athletics/mbb/stories/Neal_bio.html

Hope the link works. Here is the copy on his bio:

Nathan Neal

Junior – Forward – 6-8 – 240

Belvelle, Ill.

John A. Logan Community College

John A. Logan CC: Played one season at John A. Logan in Carterville, Ill., after transferring from Lindenwood University ... Averaged four points and four rebounds per game in his only season at John A. Logan, helping the Volunteers to a 26-7 record (11-3 in conference) — the second-best mark in school history ... Played under head coach Mark Imhoff.

Anna-Jonesboro Community High: Averaged 15 points and eight rebounds per game at Anna-Jonesboro ... Graduated in 2002 ... Earned all-tournament honors in two-straight years.

Personal: Son of Chuck and Judy Neal ... Born Jan. 20, 1984 at Scott Air Force Base ... Has two brothers: Ryan and Robin ... Majoring in health science.

anna jonesboro is south east of belleville by about 50 miles. even then, i just dont remember this kid's name. maybe he is just a late bloomer.

He is a headcase, was not recruited out of high school as a result. My son was in same high school class with him. His father was a member of "The Amazing Appleknockers" team from Cobden,IL., who took 2nd place in the state in 1964, before they had the class system, Cobden's enrollment was 150 at that time. His dad is about his only claim to fame.