Tip Off Club

Greetings from the TO Club meeting tonite. Looks like no one else was going to run out and post so here goes.

Don't shoot the messenger.

First up was Dan Donigan. Was already speaking when I arrived, so I only got part of what he said.

We will host A10 Championships this year. Vidad is doing well in France, got a red card right after going in in his first game. Has a 3 year contract, a Bosnian coach. Is in contact with DD and others on the team.

Jill Pizzoti herself came. Lots of injuries, big weekend at home Fri and Sun. Sun game on TV, Diener is starting, the Mia Johnson girl is in the top ten in scoring nationally among freshman. Wants to graduate, and then play in the WNBA.

Jason Luetkmeyer (sp?) spoke for the men's team. DP practiced today should be able to play this weekend. The dude that hurt him from Cincy winked to our bench after he hit him from behind to force the injury.

The team was off 2 d, coach was out recruiting.

Tom is out til Feb, not til he is symptom free and then some. (My observation...he did not look comfortable before the game while we were warming up)

AD-elbow injury in his shooting arm. injected, out few days.

Recruiting-really watched his words here. 2 available, really happy with how our 2 committed are doing now. need players who can help right now. not kids who need to develop. looking for 4 year players, looking increasingly at prep schools. after a while said they would like ideally a tall 3 pt shooter, and a bigger kid. if they don't get a player that can fit the bill, especially someone who can contribute right away, they will hold the scholly. last words...can't miss on any scholarship player.

BH very pleased with his effort, contribution.

DC inconsistent, partially his fault, partially not. injured alot, misses alot of time in practice.

IV will go to Greece again this summer, play on the U-20 team.

LM odd man out. has a slow delivery on his 3 pt shot. happy with his effort.

JJ inconsistent. spoke of him as with DC. inconsistent in his everyday approach to the game. Josh, Marque P, Chris S- all were very consistent and practiced hard 2 h each practice. JJ still figuring that out.

Then came the Dribbler- he spoke for Cheryl, our AD who didn't come since she was ill. Spoke only on fundraising, proposed the Tip Off Club commit to sponsoring the outfitting of the Men's and Women's Locker Rooms. Figured that would take 13 members pledging $5k each. $1K/year for 5 years. He already got one pledge tonight! I think it is a fitting way for the Tip Off Club, the bball booster group to show its support for the program in a coordinated way. Just need 12 more, or 24 folks to do $500/year.

Last Tom Kelso, strength and fitness coach. Started at U of Florida as asst, was head til Spurrier became Head Coach and brought his own man. since then has been at SEMO, U of I Chicago and arrived here October/2004. Has 250 athletes in his program.

Will have about 4k sq ft in the new facility. has at most 2500 now. Really will be satisfied with the space at the new gym.

All that I could remember and write down. Well attended on a dreary wet evening. Especially while getting nauseous watching Louisville dismantle Southern Miss right over the coaches' heads on the TV at Humphreys.