Always Look to the Future

From Jerry Meyer of Rivals.com

Kevin Lisch (6-foot-2, 175-pound point guard from Althoff High School in Belleville, Ill.)

Lisch did not have the hot hand in Althoff’s overtime loss to Chicago Hales Franciscan, shooting 7 of 21 from the field and going 1 for 6 from the arc. Nonetheless, the physical and competitive point guard did everything else well. He grabbed 7 rebounds, played tenacious defense, fought for loose balls and did not turn the ball over. Players like Lisch, who is headed to Saint Louis, are the reason the top mid-major programs in the country can take down the high-majors on any given night.

Lisch did not have the hot hand in Althoff’s overtime loss

to Chicago Hales Franciscan, shooting 7 of 21 from the field

and going 1 for 6 from the arc.

I couldn't believe Lisch would shoot so poorly. I did a little investigation and found this report from ilprepbullseye. They also had a nice mention of Jeremy Felton. I gotta make time and see these kids at Collinsville.

Kevin Lisch 6'2 Sr. Belleville (Althoff)

Although Lisch did not have a good shooting performance against Hales, going only 6-15 from the field, it is almost impossible to measure everything that Lisch brings to the table. In fact, there may not be a player in the state who brings more intangibles to his team. Lisch is as mentally tough as they come and is a fierce competitor. When it was all over Lisch wound up with 17 points, 7 rebounds and 3 assists. As we have said several times before, he is a great get for Brad Soderberg and the St. Louis Billikens.

Jeremy Felton 6'6 So. Belleville (Althoff)

Despite the fact that Althoff came up short against Hales, Felton was one of our favorite players that we saw at this year's Hoopfest. Felton is an absolute monster on the glass and has a mean streak that cannot be taught. He is a great finisher and a consistent scorer in the low post, and this showed to the tune of 16 points and 13 rebounds against Hales. Felton is also a good interior defender and shot blocker. If he develops a face up game, the sky will be the limit. Right now he is very close to ranking among the top five sophomores in Illinois.

jalensdad, i was not able to go to the billikens game last nite due to it conflicting with my daughters last ever volleyball game. so i took in althoffs game vs freeburg last nite. both kevin and felton were marvelous last nite.

fyi-even crabby ole clark francis, who rarely says anything nice about future billikens was raving monday on his hoopscoop website about lisch and felton.