Bench Bryant?

SluSignGuy

Roy, u know what I wonder. This is not to single u out, but I doubt u'll get bitter at me because u and I can always agree to disagree without it getting out of hand. If your leading scorer has a bad game or two. Is it fair that he should be benched? Now if it's affecting the "OUTCOME" of games, then of course, but then he would have "single handedly" had to lose the game for the team. I'm talking about, because we're used to him scoring 16 and he scores 8, or because he has the most turnovers, which we all know this is uncommon of Reg, why should he be benched? The injury to me is a nuiscance injury(not allowing him to play to his full potential, but not bad enough to keep him on the bench). What kind of loyalty do u show your Captain, if u bench him because of having a couple bad games (which the first game he had 14)? Has any other player on this team been benched for having bad games? I remember when I stated it seemed that Coach was growing frustrated with Tom's injuries this summer, everyone said.... Tom is known for his clumsiness, he's accident prone etc...but all agreed he should start. Reg has two bad games and he shouldn't, Why? (I'm not trying to be offensive to anyone who may read this post, just posing what I think is an interesting question)

>>Brad is always preaching that the best screener end up getting the best big-men shots, either the 10-12 footer or the shot in the low post, near the rim. It's true, but again it is about execution.<<

It seems we have the same problem on the offensive end each year with Brad's team (i.e., settling for long jumpers on most of offensive possessions ). To call it execution--a fancy way to say "Coach told the players what to do but they are not following his directions"--does not adequately explain the year in and year out issue of our offense sucking for the first half the season. I fail to believe that the personnel on these 3 teams were uncoachable.

I've only been to a handful of practices but guest is apparently always there so I'll bow to his better information; however, I distinctly remember seeing pic and roll in 2x2 drills but never emphasized as part of a 5x5 scrimage. Nor do I remember any back-door cuts been worked on. Small sample on my end so maybe I am wrong.

brehms, oh i want reggie to play. i am not making a statement about him not being good enough because of an injury. reggie can probably shoot better than most of the team sitting in a wheelchair. he is as sweet of a shooter as i have seen in a long time. my concern is more with something turning serious because he is playing when he shouldnt. if you are correct it is more of just a nuisance and it wont get worse, then play on.