Review of the Lindenwood game

The Wiz

First, this was an exhibition game , so the numbers are not real meaningful. The numbers are not meaningful because the game day players in real games will have different minutes and we will be playing tougher teams. However, there are still some takeaways from this game.

Let's first look at the the slash line.....57 / 71 / 30 / 65....A+/ A+/ F- / F...One thing to point out in this game was the Thatch factor....He had a strange game...While excellent from 2 pt range  (5-6...83% ) the rest of his game seemed to be off...0-3 from  3pt range and the FT line plus 3 TOs...3s were wild for him.. Leaving Thatch's numbers off the slash,  it grades out like this... A+/ A+/  B+ / A+  plus 10 TOs which also grades out at A+.  Not trying to pick on him , just saying except for the 2s  he had an off night which I which I will chalk up as an anomaly. The point is that we need to keep an eye on FT shooting and 3 pt shots as a team.

Which brings me to my next point...3 pt shooting. ...When how much and who.  Of course if we continue to shoot 71% from inside the arc...the answer will be never unless you can shoot 48%+ from the arc.  Realistically, we are not going to shoot 70% from 2 as we face tougher defenses.  But I think it is possible for the Bills  to shoot in the lower 50%s.  If that comes to pass then 3pt shooting will have to be about 35%+ to make it worthwhile to shoot.... We may have to be more selective as to taking better shots , who shoots and how many shots we take.  If we shoot 35%+ ...then fire away.

Overall these last 2 games were warm ups.  We will have a much better gauge of things when we play Central Ark. on Nov 9th....Even if C ARK isn't the toughest competition, it will be  a real step up from D2 or D3.

CBFan likes this