Billiken Law Drawdown

Taj79

I agree with you to a point. I believe the player, the coach, & the school should be penalized. The coach and the school should be penalized regardless of how long it takes the NCAA to catch them. Players should be given the chance to opt out of the program if they were not involved without any penalties for transferring to a clean program. It is too bad the NCAA has not handed the death penalty to other teams besides SMU who have deserved it. If it destroys the program then so be it.

I don't think the innocent players should be penalized ... they should have the right to leave ... with no penalty. It is the coach and the player that should be hit hard. Right now the coach can move on and suffers nothing except for a reputation hit, even with that, there is always somebody else willing to pay him. If the coach and the player were given 1 year suspensions allowing no contact with the NCAA ... the school gets probation with all innocent players allowed to leave, the schools will start monitoring the programs better, the coaches will be more carefull, and the players might say no.

I agree 100%. The innocent players should have the option to transfer without sitting for a year to any school that would take them. I know this happened at Baylor. Players went to Oklahoma State, Mississippi State, & Texas I believe. All three that transferred will see signicant playing time with their new teams this year. This is the way it should be.