Final A-10 Report Card and Bills Wrap Up

The Wiz

Here are the final grades....as a comparison I have included the pre conference grades...no real surprises

......................................Final grade.............................preconference grade (1 /1 / 2015)

VCU.................................A.............................................A

Dav..................................A-............................................A

Day..................................A-............................................B+

GW..................................B+...........................................A-

RI.....................................B+...........................................A-

Rich.................................B+...........................................B-

LaS..................................B.............................................B

Mass................................B-...........................................B

St.B..................................B-...........................................B-

St. J..................................C............................................C

Ford..................................C-..........................................D-

GM....................................C-..........................................C

Duq...................................D+..........................................D

SLU...................................D-...........................................F+

Most improved Ford and Rich...a few teams faded 1 notch but no big deal.The moral of the story is that where ever you start in conference play is where you will finish. ...12 of the 14 teams finished within 1 notch of where they started.

Bills wrap up....The good news was we were a better team at the end of conference play than at the beginning. The bad news we finished on a disturbing note.

Season trendline.....bottomed at the SIU-e game....trended up through the first VCU game....plateaued (sideways movement ) through the LaS game and trended down after that. The plateau after the 1st VCU game is not unusual for a young team . Sometimes teams peak and that is all they can do. I don't think that is the case here. We seem to have left a lot on the table through under performance. If some one had handed me a season ending stat sheet with no team name on it and said what does this look like to you....I would have said it looks like in late Jan this team may have lost 1 or 2 bench players. Then after the LaS game lost a key starter. Since we actually didn't lose anybody (at least physically) ...it looks like a problem started to fester after the VCU game and blew up after the LaS game. I have no knowledge of the inner workings of the team...Just saying that's what it looks like by the numbers.

I am optimistic for next year in that I don't think we are that far off numbers wise from being a good team ( see "B" better thread for a more detailed discussion.) I think rebounding help is on the way. Hopefully we can use the new scholarships to pick up an extra basket or 2 per game.

Well, this kind of wraps it up for me this year....On to Cards baseball...See you all after the Redbirds win the World Series.