The Bills over Rockhurst

The Wiz

Where is the spread??????

There is no spread.

Here's the irony....After finally collecting enough data (6 games) to use a real data model instead of a Bayesian forecasting model, the computer won't let me do a spread on this game because it does not think this is a real game ...Rockhurst = Div II. Not only that but after we play the game none of the stats will count as part of the season stats. Bottomline ....The program sees this game as an exhibition game.

So for this game it will just have to be ...Bills win....my best guesstimate would be by double figures.

A few notes on the Bradley game....

Nice win in that we came from behind. While we made my spread , it didn't help our numbers because Bradley was a weak team and we did what we were supposed to do, so no gain. We remain at D+. Unfortunately, now that the real data is in, this is probably an accurate assessment of where we are.

Some take aways from the Bradley game ...we probably should have beat them by more. This was just a so-so game for the Bills. Overall shooting was pretty good (49%) and TO's were OK at 12 (this should be the max/gm) 3 pt shooting was a little weak ( 32% maybe 1 more basket) Hidden in the numbers was an outstanding shooting performance by McBroom 67% (6/9) and a dismal 0% for the rest of the team (0/10) While I show just 1 more 3 for the team we should probably had a few more 3's for a good performance overall FT shooting continued to limp along...57%...(another 2 pts lost here) So on offense, I will give us the benefit of the doubt and say we are only missing 5. On D , we allowed 38% from the arc...too high for a Bills team (about 2 baskets too many) So all told add 11pts . Two take aways from this ...on a simple level.. we could have won by at least 14pts ..had we had a good night we could have blown them out....but the more important take away is that this team has a lot more upside. They are playing at a D+ level now but can move back up if they play to their potential.