A10 Championships this Week in Brooklyn!!

BHutch89

I posted earlier on the week that those staying in Midtown needed to be aware of potential traffic problems caused by the St. Patrick's Day Parade in NYC on Sunday if the Billikens made it to the championship game. I WAS WRONG. I just looked up the official website for the parade. It is run on St. Patrick's Day every year, unless St. Patrick's Day is on a Sunday (as it is this year). When St. Patrick's Day is on a Sunday, the parade takes place on Saturday.

According to the website for the parade, it will take place on Saturday from 11:00 until about 4:30 or 5:00. It runs down a huge stretch of 5th Street from the Central Park area through the Times Square area. Looking at the parade route, it seems like someone going to Barclays Center from Midtown would be able to get around the parade, but I would be concerned with how anything like this parade would affect NYC's already congested traffic.

Since the semifinal games on Saturday are at 1:30 and 4:00, be aware of this problem if you are staying in Midtown or anywhere north of Midtown. If you are going to take the subway, Grand Central Station will get partially cut off by the parade route. Looks like you could still to Grand Central Station by walking a little bit south.

For NYC it's public transportation all the way.

http://www.barclayscenter.com/getting-here/public-transportation

Approx Travel Time : 26 minutes Map From 34TH ST - PENN STATION 1/2/3/LIRR

Take the FLATBUSH AV-BROOKLYN COLLEGE bound 2.png Train departing at
Take the FLATBUSH AV-BROOKLYN COLLEGE bound 2.png Train departing at 6:21 PM
Get off at ATLANTIC AV - BARCLAYS CTR STATION 2/3/4/5/B/Q at
Pay Per Ride Fare : $2.50 - Reduced Fare : $1.25

Walk 0.19 miles(4 minutes) South-East to destination.
Total Fare : $2.50 - Reduced Fare : $1.25

When I did the preview it said

From 34TH ST - PENN STATION 1/2/3/LIRR

Take the FLATBUSH AV-BROOKLYN COLLEGE bound 2.png Train departing at

but that disappears when posted. At least now you can see what should be above the "Get off at ATLANTIC AV" line.