OT: Calipari & the NBA

I wouldn't doubt it if Calipari has some interest in returning to the NBA for the right price. I think he makes about $4 million at Kentucky, and at the very least I think he might try to squeeze some more $$ out of them. What I really wonder about is why LeBron James would be interested in working with him. Calipari wasn't the worst NBA coach...I think he was an 8 seed in his second season with the Nets. He's certainly not shown that he's more than an average NBA coach. I know it's mostly media speculation, but why would James care about Calipari? Is there some sort of relationship that I'm missing?

Wherever James signs he'll almost certainly outlast the coach. He'll probably outlast 2 or 3 coaches.

I wouldn't doubt it if Calipari has some interest in returning to the NBA for the right price. I think he makes about $4 million at Kentucky, and at the very least I think he might try to squeeze some more $$ out of them. What I really wonder about is why LeBron James would be interested in working with him. Calipari wasn't the worst NBA coach...I think he was an 8 seed in his second season with the Nets. He's certainly not shown that he's more than an average NBA coach. I know it's mostly media speculation, but why would James care about Calipari? Is there some sort of relationship that I'm missing?

Wherever James signs he'll almost certainly outlast the coach. He'll probably outlast 2 or 3 coaches.

William Wesley aka World Wide Wes advises John Calipari and also Lebron James. There is the connection. Worldwide also advises the best high school players to go to UK to play for John Cal. Calipari is a slime ball and uses this guy as his lead recruiter. It wouldnt surprise me if Calipari is paying World Wide.

William Wesley aka World Wide Wes advises John Calipari and also Lebron James. There is the connection. Worldwide also advises the best high school players to go to UK to play for John Cal. Calipari is a slime ball and uses this guy as his lead recruiter. It wouldnt surprise me if Calipari is paying World Wide.

I sent this to kshoe and willie earlier this week. It's an interesting GQ article about World Wide Wes.

WW Wes - GQ