Polk/Fisher comparison?

Since Fisher is leaving after this year and most assume Polk will either be our starting point guard next year (or sometime in the near future), I was wondering how the two compare to each other? I was never a huge fan of Fisher as StlCardinal and Billikens_Fanatic will tell you, but I do admit that he really did improve a lot since he first arrived and was definitely one of our MVP's this year. I think it's pretty safe to say Polk is quicker. Who would you say is the better ball handler: Polk or Fisher? Who is the better shooter: Polk or Fisher? I remember Nate writing in his pre-season high school write-up that Polk was an excellent shooter, but Bernie wrote that he needs to be more consistant on his outside shot...who's right? I would say Nate would know better since he probably attends more high school games than Bernie.

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

Who would

>you say is the better ball handler: Polk or Fisher?

Polk

Who is

>the better shooter: Polk or Fisher?

Polk is a better long-range shooter. Fisher is a better free throw shooter.

I remember Nate writing

>in his pre-season high school write-up that Polk was an

>excellent shooter, but Bernie wrote that he needs to be more

>consistant on his outside shot...who's right?

When has Bernie ever been right about the Billiken basketball? According to Bernie, "Pope" is destined to be a Mizzou Tiger.

I would say

>Nate would know better since he probably attends more high

>school games than Bernie.

Heck, there's at least ten posters on this board that attend more high school games than Bernie.

Thanks 3star, I figured Bernie didn't really know what he was talking about. The E. Stl/Vashon game is probably the only high school game he's attended all year. I figured Polk was the better ball handler and outside shooter...not taking anything away from Josh, however. Does Polk need to work on his free throw shooting?

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

Yep, 68-70% is ok for high school but he needs to shoot 76-78% at the college level. He's going to have the ball a lot at the end of ball games and he needs to be money from the line.

BTW, he currently has 37 points in the final. He's 15-23 from the field including 5/10 from three. Vashon only had 5 points in the 1st quarter and were in total disarray. Then Polk took over. I'm listening on Missouri.ihigh.com and there's about 2 minutes left in the game. Vashon by 15.