Everyone is missing the point......

TEE

While everyone from the stltoday people, to the ingnorant stl sports fan has had their pampers in a bunch, even some Billiken fans to a lesser extent.....

People are missing the point. HCRM has pulled a Tony LaRussa on everyone. Instead of focusing on what this team may accomplish and adding more pressure, HCRM has everyone focused on a "supposed" rift between himself, Fr. Biondi, Lambert Airport, the FAA, TSA, etc... not on his very young team.

If you take care of a tough one today, which is the biggest game any of these guys have ever played, run the table at home and win one of two road games... Maybe my math is wrong but that leaves you 21-9 (12-4), and you win two games in A10 tournament, well Billiken Fans Selection Sunday just got real interesting......

Beat the Flyers........

While everyone from the stltoday people, to the ingnorant stl sports fan has had their pampers in a bunch, even some Billiken fans to a lesser extent.....

People are missing the point. HCRM has pulled a Tony LaRussa on everyone. Instead of focusing on what this team may accomplish and adding more pressure, HCRM has everyone focused on a "supposed" rift between himself, Fr. Biondi, Lambert Airport, the FAA, TSA, etc... not on the his very young team.

If you take care of a tough one today, which is the biggest game any of these guys have ever played, run the table at home and win one of two road games... Maybe my math is wrong but that leaves you 21-9 (12-4), and you win two games in A10 tournament, well Billiken Fans Selection Sunday just got real interesting......

Beat the Flyers........

I love the optimism. I'm a blind homer and I would really hope this would happen. Not likely...but then again, no one thought the Bills would sweep the conference tourney in 2000 or 2001 (can't remember) to take us to the big dance. I think that was more unlikely than this considering how we play at home. We can dream right. No one would dream that Heinrich would pull the best Heinrich maneuver of his career to take out Cincy's center, but he executed flawlessly. I don't wish injury on anyone, but it is what it is. One game at a time. Let's take down these bums.

We are 15-8, 6-3 in the conference with a team full of freshmen and sophmores and everybody is talking about this crap on the board. I figured the board would be in euphoria right now after the two wins on the road . I guess everybody wants to keep the mood of mediocrity that has surrounded our Bills since Spoonhour left. This is probably the most talented group of youngsters I have ever seen on a Bills team. They have continued to get better, ballhandling and defense are improving, they are finding a way to win on the road, and Ellis has surpassed all expectations. They have some big games at home to end the season and have a good chance of moving that rpi up. Why doesn't this board talk about that for awhile?

And another topic is next year. Think about what Smith could be like next year. Salecich getting his confidence back. Cassity getting stronger and his conf in shot continues to grow. Reed (whose effort on "D" has improved) gets a little stronger and better. Ellis "D" catches up with the rest of the team. This team is going to be a terror for the opponent next year.

I love the optimism. I'm a blind homer and I would really hope this would happen. Not likely...but then again, no one thought the Bills would sweep the conference tourney in 2000 or 2001 (can't remember) to take us to the big dance. I think that was more unlikely than this considering how we play at home. We can dream right. No one would dream that Heinrich would pull the best Heinrich maneuver of his career to take out Cincy's center, but he executed flawlessly. I don't wish injury on anyone, but it is what it is. One game at a time. Let's take down these bums.

Your memory is just a bit off. It was 2000, and Kenyon Martin, Cincinnati's power forward (not center), suffered a broken leg after running into Justin Love. Chris Heinrich had nothing to do with it.

We are 15-8, 6-3 in the conference with a team full of freshmen and sophmores and everybody is talking about this crap on the board. I figured the board would be in euphoria right now after the two wins on the road . I guess everybody wants to keep the mood of mediocrity that has surrounded our Bills since Spoonhour left. This is probably the most talented group of youngsters I have ever seen on a Bills team. They have continued to get better, ballhandling and defense are improving, they are finding a way to win on the road, and Ellis has surpassed all expectations. They have some big games at home to end the season and have a good chance of moving that rpi up. Why doesn't this board talk about that for awhile?

Well, I started a topic about how the team has exceeded my expectations this year, and it got a few replies, but all of this other controversy must be more appealing to many and then Dan Caesar's latest scathing exposé came out, and that thread is no longer on the first page.

People are missing the point. HCRM has pulled a Tony LaRussa on everyone. Instead of focusing on what this team may accomplish and adding more pressure, HCRM has everyone focused on a "supposed" rift between himself, Fr. Biondi, Lambert Airport, the FAA, TSA, etc... not on his very young team.

Beat the Flyers........

Amen. Let's win some more games. Starting today!