SLU coaches

floridaguy

I read in TT's blog, that Anne Kordes , RickMA and Shimmy are the only ones with multi year deals?? Are we the only school in the nation that has 2 womens coaches and one mens coach on multi year deals? No wonder there is feuding and disarray, what the hell is going on here? No wonder Donigan left, like him or not, been there 9 years made NCAA Tournaments and SLU would not take care of him?

2 womens sports and one mens again, am I reading that right? How do you not take care of your second most high profile sport coach behind mens basketball. No wonder we cannot keep any coaches with that menatlity. I know I know Title 9, give me a break, we may be the only D-I in country that has that ratio.

I assume that Anne Kordis got a contract after proving that she is a big time winner and that someone would gladly hire her away given the opportunity. The AD locked her in with a contract which is smart. You could argue that she is the most successful coach at SLU. I have not heard anyone say that SLU is unwilling to extend a contract to the men's soccer coach--only that up to now that has not been the case. Let this thing play out. There is a good chance that we will end up being better off in the end. That has been the case with recent hires--a step up.

No, did not say ANne Kordes did not deserve one at all, she certainly does, SLU's lucky to have her, just cannot see how popular sport like soccer did not have one and has been successful, maybe not by all standards, but lets not kid each other, it has been pretty good. I agree with you, coaches should prove their worth if given the resources to succeed, i.e Kordes. Volleyball is great for SLU, but its still volleyball. Soccer and basketball are SLU's top 2 right we all agree, so soccer should have been compensated properly, unless they wanted him out, which is very possible. Just curious about 2 womens 1 mens aint like that anywhere else.

Our soccer program merits giving the coach a multi year contract. SLU was way off on this one. Mens Baseball should ahve one too.

This is par for the course for Biondi. He has always operated this way.

Our soccer program merits giving the coach a multi year contract. SLU was way off on this one. Mens Baseball should ahve one too.

This is par for the course for Biondi. He has always operated this way.

It sure makes recuriting tough when you're going up agianst opposing coaches who have mult0-year deals.