ITD Morning After

cheesycow

That's a key point. The Sodie firing, Majerus hiring should have happened at least a month earlier. It would have allowed Majerus to put together a semblance of a recruiting class, which I believe would have sped up the building process.

I'm not sure it could have happened any differently. Biondi didn't know RM was interested in coaching again until after Dana Altman had his fling with Arkansas, at least from what I've been able to pick up. I don't think Brad would have been bounced at that point without knowing there was an ace in the hole (whether or not he should have been bounced is another topic!).

I fully agree. Attendance is lower than what I expected too. Then again, prices are much higher than I expected too. I would guess that 1000 to 2000 tickets were probably lost/not sold due the ticket policy/pricing/point system. Truly believe that many people simply supported SLU sports by buying more tickets than they really needed for most games but were glad they had for the handful of big games and/or when their kids came back in town, etc. Some have left b/c of the parking and some even b/c of RM. Some have also left b/c of our poor record and the bad economy.

I knew that RM would turn SLU around but I did think things would improve sooner than they did. In short, I truly expected RM to have brought in some transfers/JUCOs to play with KL and TL and I did not expect their Sr season to be a complete rebuilding year. Now, the product on the court is young, talented and improving and will soon start selling seats. If SLU beats MSU, the local scribes/media types will start jumping on the SLU bandwagon and we will finally experience that buzz we have been waiting for. If we lose to MSU, the buzz may not start until next year. Wins over UD and X will not do locally what wins over both SIUC and MSU will do.

I have NOT read RM's book. Did it say anything about transfers? Wasn't there "talk" about a transfer and/or a foreign player who could have come in for KL and TL's senior year? Harrelson was a possibility.

Otherwise, believe you are correct with your timeline.