Signing Day

Pistol

G`Day Billiken fans,

Have had the pleasure of reading many of your posts , and enjoyed them greatly , i`m not to sure about chopping of a Koalas ears of and calling it a Billiken ,still trying to work out what a Billiken is but i must say it looks cool and original .

I would like to know a little on the Basketball programme have read numerous posts and find that there is a lot of different opinions on where the Billikens are headed under Majerus who has a very big reputation in OZ , and what is the support like for the Bllikens in general , reason i am asking have found out that one of our Aussie boys Christian Salecich has signed to play for SLU and was interested in the college he has signed for, he was always destined to play College ball even at a young age , thats how i came across these Forums ,

7000+ for a game of B/Ball is huge compare to the our Aussie crowds ,we struggle to get 2500 at our National league competition.

Any information would be great and if you have any questions please ask and i will try and answer them

Great to have a first win at a new stadium regardless on how ugly it might have been ,would rather be going home with a win , Stadium looks great we have nothing that close in OZ that i have seen ,

And i think the Freshman will struggle for a month or so but will eventualy find their feet ,but looking at the recruits this year and next should be a very interesting season in 2-3 yrs for SLU Basketball.

Your fellow Aussie is coming in at a good time. SLU will struggle with some young players this year, but they are going to improve. Majerus has a good track record. He'll make good things happen over the next 2-3 seasons.

Welcome to the board blinky. Great to have you in the Billiken fandom. However, let me suggest that you check out sites related to NCAA Basketball in general to get a better feel for where SLU currently fits in the landscape of USA college basketball and where we hope the SLU basketball program is going. While 7500 may seem impressive compared to what you're accustomed to, we're currently mediocre compared to the elite programs (did I just type that? I shall now banish myself to two days of self-exile!).

I would agree that some of the elite programs with big arenas do draw more fans but we do pretty well. I would guess that we will get bigger crowds when the D1 teams start to come to Chavitz. I happened to watch a few minutes of the Missouri game last night and the building was virtually empty and they were playing a D1 team.

Blinky, we are very happy to have you and your countryman join our Billiken bunch. This website is a varied group of fans and some idiots who come by to post lies or negative things about the program so you need to read the posts with some skepticism. Can't wait for this group and our new recruits to get a little seasoning because we will see a great transformation of the Billiken team. Thanks

I would agree that some of the elite programs with big arenas do draw more fans but we do pretty well. I would guess that we will get bigger crowds when the D1 teams start to come to Chavitz. I happened to watch a few minutes of the Missouri game last night and the building was virtually empty and they were playing a D1 team.

Blinky, we are very happy to have you and your countryman join our Billiken bunch. This website is a varied group of fans and some idiots who come by to post lies or negative things about the program so you need to read the posts with some skepticism. Can't wait for this group and our new recruits to get a little seasoning because we will see a great transformation of the Billiken team. Thanks

Thanks for your input guys ,like most forums you have the people with honest opinions and than there is the ones that just have no idea,

7,500 people for me sounds like a awesome crowd especially with a band and the atmosphere must be great,

I imagine our Aussie boys when they experience this the first time would find it exiting and a bit scarey as well ,most of our boys would not play in front of a bigger crowd of 200 people , which sounds very lame ,The boys from the AIS might experience a crowd of 1000 when they play in the mens comp that they are in but that would only be once or twice a year.

It will be interesting for me to see how Christian will fit in at College ball next season under Majerus and SLU as i have watched him grow up and play ball until he headed of to the AIS in Canberra 2yrs ago

Welcome blinky. Love the name. Keep us posted on how Christian is playing. There was a rumor that SLU was looking at another Australian, but we have not heard much about that recently. Reportedly a big guy. Do you know anything about that?

yeh ! At the moment he is being scouted by a number of colleges , should be visiting the schools he may interested in ,in December .

He is currently at the AIS with Christian and a number of other boys that have signed for various colleges , he will be also returning to the AIS next year and a definate to represent the OZ u/19 team in the Worlds in July.

The other Oz boys from AIS that have signed To Colleges and trhat are returning to the AIS next year : (hint hint!!)

Christian-SLU

Motum- Washington st

Delladedova - St Marys

Young - St Marys

Page - St Marys

Harris- Tunks - Colorado

Broekoff - Valpersio

Thanks for the info blinky. Here is their roster

Todd BLANCHFIELD/AIS/Mackay/QLD

Ryan BROEKHOFF/AIS/Frankston/VIC

Matthew DELLAVEDOVA/AIS/Maryborough/VIC

Cody ELLIS/AIS/Sterling/WA