Former Assistant Lance Randall...

Lance cant decide what he wants, leaves slu to coach high school, leave HS to coach at Loyola, and now leaves Loyola back to High school

Mid-major assistants do not lead a very glamorous life. They have NO time for their family.

Especially compared to the success he at coaching at the high school level....

Lance is a good head coach. I'm glad to see him back as the head man and at the high school level. He is a great head coach that will teach young kids the right way to play the game.

I know him from back as his days as Webster's head coach. Quick story. He called one of the greatest plays I have ever seen in my years of watching basketball. Webter is down two with about two or so seconds on the clock. He calls timeout and Webster has the ball at half court. The play he calls is something they never practiced (at least that is what I was told from the players). He had the inbound passer throw the ball off the backboard. The ball came right to a player at about the free throw line and he drained the shot to send the game to overtime, where Webster ended up winning. Who calls that at that point of the game? Unreal. I will never forget that.

Coach Randall was a finalist at Kaskaskia JC just a few weeks ago....

He had some fun Gorlok teams, and brought a couple gunners with him from his Wisc days prior. A good SLIAC D3 game on a saturday afternoon is not a waste of time for you bball junkies who have never been.

Lance cant decide what he wants, leaves slu to coach high school, leave HS to coach at Loyola, and now leaves Loyola back to High school

I wouldn't say that's a fair assessment. He left SLU suddenly when his dad died and took over his dad's HS team. I know that is was a hard decision for him to leave, but one done for all of the right reasons (lost some weight too!).

http://www.beloit.edu/belmag/05_Summer/05_...r_profiles.html

Then, he has trememdous success at the HS level and gets an offer to be a full assistant with a good D-1 program not too far from him family, but the job apparently took its toll on him and he realized what was most important to him - his family came before coaching and he apparently enjoyed HS to college.