SLU AD Chris May on with Bernie and Randy

Ben Boyd

Did anyone hear this? What was said?

I still know so little about the new AD, and any insight would be appreciated.

The interview and some analysis of May, Majerus, and SLU by Bernie and Randy following the interview is being uploaded to my website right now if you can go to it and listen.

I don't have notes to give you a summary right now so hopefully you can check it out on the colleges page of StlSportsInsider.com

The interview and some analysis of May, Majerus, and SLU by Bernie and Randy following the interview is being uploaded to my website right now if you can go to it and listen.

One thing for sure, these sports radio guys don't get it; I think this is a pretty accurate quote "well, maybe the A10 makes sense if people go to SLU for academics-but wouldn't they get better press and bring in more students from places like Springfield, MO and Carbondale. SLU would be a headliner in Carbondale but not in Boston with a U Mass game even though Majerus did have a big spread on "him" it was not SLU" I can only guess they would like us to lower the standards for admittance and give free tuition to compete with Missouri for most students enrolled. For your information Randy and Bernie UMASS is really located in Amherst, Ma population 34,000 a suburb of Springfield, Mass third largest city in Mass with population just over 150,000 just like Springfield, MO third largest in MO except it is near Hartford, CT pop 125,000 and Boston pop about 560,000 but all of these places are historical

sites for the entire USA not just the bass fishing types. Carbondale has a population of 20,000 according to the census. Doug Elgin has really done a great

job with the local media. I guess trips to Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, NYC etc. don't compare in their view. I don't want to knock where anyone is from. But

if people are going to send their kids to SLU and pay $30,000 a year then they should expect that they can compete in any major metro area and getting

them familiar with the idea that Fordham is in NYC may be more essential than Evansville is in Southern Indiana. One minute these guys are telling Chris

May they support him, the next minute they say how is it working for Biondi? Then they say well SLU may be a first class program for 5-6 years but what

about afterwards will the program slip to mediocrity with a fan base that bellyaches about the cost of tickets? When was the last time these guys paid for

tickets or a hot dog? Has anyone but Rammer and Cusmano been supportive? BM especially loves writing about the predicted demise of St. Louis teams-he must have trained in the obits. We are going to pack Chaifetz and win