Lady Billikens

volfan

I saw the Marquette game today. The ladies got blasted!! They just played like crap. They lost to DePaul the other night too. That Javois girl looks like she can be a player. It looks like she is coming along, it seems she does better when the asst coaches talk to her during the game. Hopefully they can make her be more consistent.

I read some where that the ladies signed a top 50 player for next season. Those 2 assistant coaches must be good recruiters to get a top 50 recruit to come to SLU. Who knows maybe one of them will be a head coach some where next season. Too bad they can not get any top STL recruits. I wonder why no top stl recruits want to come to slu. Marquette had a girl from STl I think her name was Jasmine McCullough, they said she was one of the top players in stl when she was in high school. Why didn't she choose slu? Does anybody know why?

Other than that it looks like the ladies season is pretty much washed out. Any word on the status of Pizzotti, is she going to be back after such a bad season

On a good note at least the men won and have chance for a post season.

I was at the DePaul game. It was quite an experience. They actually had a nice crowd .. i'd suspect 1500 or so .. it was much louder than our billiken mens games ..

Both teams came out very sluggish, missing easy layups and looking lost on the defensive boards. After the first 5 minutes DePaul separated from SLU, it looked like the Bills couldn't get Angie Lewis the ball. The Bills then made a run to close the half and cut it to 10. Early in the second DePaul made another run, but SLU cut back into the lead and made the game respectable.

If it weren't for Angie Lewis, this team would be lost. She probably scored 15 of their last 20 points. The ball was dumped down to her in the low blocks in every possession (every single one) in the final 10 minutes. It looked like they should have started that sooner. Pizzoti looked slow to make defensive adjustments against Smith (the center for DePaul) .. SLU kept fronting her defensively only to get beat for about 32 points from her hand. The Bills switched to a 2-3 zone late in the second that helped them out .. they were then able to collapse on her and take her out of the game.

DePaul may be 21-2 .. but I don't think SLU was that far behind talent wise. They could have won this game if they had started strong.

Another complaint .. when a team is down by 8 .. with 2.5 seconds on the clock .. you shouldn't foul .. SLU did ..