>the top 08 forwards. Lost his cool in one game and you keep

>that over his head. What's your real motive? Aside from that

>game, name a big gamethat he didn't do his thing on both

>ends. Check the stats. That game proves that he needs to

>keep his focus, but the kid is big time and you have a

>hidden agenda.

>

>HT

How many high school players do you see get sent to the locker room by his coach in the fourth quarter of his team's biggest game of the season?

It's nothing personal. Just the facts.

I was impressed with Anderson this past season. He made a huge jump from his freshman season, and if he continues to improve like that he'll be a nice college player for somebody.

I'd like to see him control his emotions and play up to his ability.

- Nate

He went to the locker room for whatever reason wthout the coach's permission.When he tried to return the coach sent him back.The kid made a bad decision that day.Outside of that, his hs coach and AAU coach say that he is doing well. All the folks that know the kid say that he is mannerable. He made a mistake in one game. It was physical and he got pissed.

You assaulted his character, in general, referring to him as a "knucklehead". Why would you disparage this kid?

OJ Mayo was involved in a group fight at school and was suspended for making contact with an official.The Beaumont coach frequently lost his composure. The Webster Groves kid quit on his team after a mid court confrontation.

Who are you trying to kid there are many other examples of poor sportsmanship. You report sports, so I know that you know better than to make this out as a highly unusual case.

The kid messed up and is getting a lot of well earned recruiting interest.This kid, Allen and Griffey have the chance to make St. Louis proud.

Guest BillikenReport

>Who are you trying to kid there are many other examples of

>poor sportsmanship. You report sports, so I know that you

>know better than to make this out as a highly unusual case.

So you want me to list everyone else who's shown "poor sportsmanship" to make Anderson look better?

In my 10-plus years of covering high school, college and professional sports, I HAVE NEVER seen a kid get sent to the locker room by his coach.

But that's not "highly unusual?"

I'm not trying to disparage his character. I just pointed out something I saw at a game.

I wasn't the only one who saw it. There were Division I assistant coaches there.

My point about this stuff was that while he may be talented, he's going to have to show people that he's a good character kid as well. Everyone I've talked to says he's a good kid. He seemed like a good kid when I played pickup ball with him.

- Nate

>WOW Bryant Allen is a High Major recruit in your eyes Vtime.

>you gotta be kidding me. Also Will Webb did not even play

>last season at McCluer. Have you ever seen him play. He is

>far from what you are making him out to be. Allen is a low

>to mid major player, not a high major recruit. So basically

>your saying that he can play at any school in america. Their

>are only 2 high major prospects in 2009 Griffey and

>Anderson.

What did I saw about Webb? What am I making him out to be? Hangtime had some nice words for Webb, but I wasnt praising him. It has already been posted on this board that Bryant Allen has an offer from a top 25 school in SIUC, and he's only a sophomore, so I dont know why he cant be a high-major prospect. He's only going to get better offers the more he is seen.

You are either a poor comedian or using tortured reasoning. I think that it is unfair to characterize it as if it is an ongoing issue. The kid came into the sport as a hot head and through the work of many folks, has dramatically improved his work ethic and composure. He has one incident, and you not only lie about what happened on a public forum, but you assault his character. He left the bench inappropriately. He was not sent to the locker room.

He did exactly what you advised, and put that issue behind to dominate Perry in districts and had a strong outing versus Powell in the district championships. And despite what you say, Mizzou is recruiting the kid.

Open gym? I hope his parents and coaches know what you have to say so that they can keep him away from hypocrites like you.

Guest BillikenReport

>He has one incident, and you not only lie about what happened on a public forum, but you

>assault his character. He left the bench inappropriately. He was not sent to the locker room.

What did I lie about? I was sitting near the Beaumont bench.

I saw him standing near the end of the bench and then was motioned to leave.

So you're saying he wasn't told to go to the locker room, he just left his team and went to the locker room in the fourth quarter of a game that determined the conference championship?

OK. Whatever you want to call it.

Good luck.

- Nate

Guest BillikenReport

>Yes, you are a liar. Yes, he was wrong and disciplined for

>when and how he left the bench. Yes, he has went on from

>this incident to perform well for his team. Yes, you are a

>hypocrite.

>

>HT

>

>OUT

How am I a liar and how am I a hypocrite?

You accuse me of having an agenda. Clearly, since you only post about Anderson, you have an agenda here.

You are the hypocrite.

Yeah, he dominated Perry in districts. Booker couldnt handle him either, but he also couldnt stop Booker. Booker took him out away from the basket and hit those jumpers. I think Perry is tired of seeing this kid in conference play and districts every year. He made Powell work too. In all fairness, Perry should not have been guarding him, the 6'4 260 football player Richardson should have, but as a D1 prospect with heart Perry tried, but to no avail. Richard has proven that Perry who is being recruited by Rick Majerus and Booker who is being recruited by Chris Lowery simply cant handle him. All he has to do now is continue his progression into next season at Beaumont and handle his business in the classroom and handle his business on the AAU circuit the rest of this summer and he will be in very good shape. I expect him to get a lot more touches next season. He was the only non-senior starter at Beaumont, 3 of which had been starting most of their 4 years at Beaumont. He still lead them in scoring, rebounding and blocks, and they really didnt have a go-to-guy. Next year, with only 1 player returning with starting experience, Lawrence Baker who was the sixth man last year after starting some in 05-06, Anderson should average 20, 10 and 4 with no problem. Improving on his 14 and 11 from this past season should not be that hard with all the extra touches. He will the best player in PHL next season, but his team will have tough time winning the conference with Gateway absolutely loaded with D1 prospects, Perry, Harris, Belger, Hobbs, Turner, and Robinson-Smith. Richardson is a D1 football prospect.

Guest BillikenReport

>He will the best player in PHL next season, but his team will have tough time

>winning the conference with Gateway absolutely loaded with

>D1 prospects, Perry, Harris, Belger, Hobbs, Turner, and

>Robinson-Smith. Richardson is a D1 football prospect.

I'll be very surprised if all those players are at Gateway Tech next season.

This thread is showing up on my page 2, any idea why that's happening? Is it just me. The Swopshire thread is near the top of the page on my browser and it hasnt been posted on since yesterday. Very weird. I dont know why one of those guys would leave. Hobbs just got there and will eligible from transfer rules second semester. Harris will be eligible from his transfer mess. Perry is Harris' cousin and he's been there his whole high school career, so I dont know why he would leave. Belger just transferred in last year and he cant afford to risk sitting out his senior year. Robinson-Smith, he'll be a sophomore and if he shows a pulse, he'll probably start. Turner is the only transfer candidate as Belger and Hobbs both play pg and he would lose out on minutes once Hobbs returns and might not start first semester if the team goes big with Robinson and Richardson. He started all last year and did well with an 8ppg average as a sophomore. I have heard nothing to suggest he would transfer though. He plays on the Saint Louis Elite with Anderson.

Guest BillikenReport

>Yes, you are right. My agenda is to stop you from lying and

>being a hypocrite. One kid, one incident and you attacked

>this kid each time somebody says something good about him.

Show me where I lied and was a hypocrite.

You can't.

I gave an honest evaluation of Anderson and because you can't accept that, you want to call me a liar and a hypocrite.

I dont think Nate is intentionally lying. He's just might be phrasing it wrong. You're saying that Anderson left the bench, tried to come back and then was sent back to the locker room. Nate is saying that he was sent to the locker room for being a knucklehead. He was sent to the locker room as you both stated. Regardless, he probably could've avoided this argument without the knucklehead comment. I was at the game and I left with less than a minute in the game and they made us go out the back exits and I passed Rich in the stairwell and an older guy was telling him not to worry about it. When I got outside, I was the one worrying because there were yellow markers down just outside the building leading to the parking lot. Over 20 shots had been fired during the game. There were several fights inside during the game. A very ugly sight at a game that was overpacked. It was just an ugly night. Rich did get unfairly ejected during the Normandy tourney in the game against the Chicago team. He came back later in the tourney, just in time to play my alma mater in the third place game and dominate. Just our luck.

I guess I'll stay out of this one and try and be peacemaker. Lowery was the game right next to me, with former player and current assistant Brad Korn. He even stayed to watch overtime. When Femi dunked he hopped up to leave and stumbled. Hilarious. North really escaped that game. Redel was open under the basket with less than 5 seconds left and instead of dishing off, one of the guards, drove to the basket and turnover it over instead of dishing off for the game winning basket. Oh, how one play can change history.