More from Dickie V

Two seperate mentions in his latest column.

I guess that keeps burning. You have some coaches who get a taste of the broadcast booth but then they want to go back into the competitive spirit of the sidelines. You feel the highs and lows running a program, where broadcasting usually keeps you in the middle of that emotional rollercoaster. Recently Rick Majerus was hired by Saint Louis; I can tell you this guy is a workaholic, going 24/7. He will have the Billikens in the upper echelon of the Atlantic 10. Then there is Perry Clark, the former head coach at Miami-Florida and Tulane, who spent some time working for Fox's basketball coverage. Clark is back on the sidelines, taking over the position vacated by Ronnie Arrow at Texas A&M-Corpus Christi. I remember Perry as a relentless recruiter for Bobby Cremins at Georgia Tech as well. Cremins came back to coaching after serving as a TV analyst, going to College of Charleston. It is part of the make-up as some guys feel they have to get back on the sidelines.

Saint Louis coach Rick Majerus signed his first player, 6-7 JUCO power forward Barry Eberhardt from Coffeyville in Kansas. Wisconsin received a commitment from 6-4 guard Robert Wilson out of Garfield Heights, Ohio. Score one for Bo Ryan and his staff.

http://espn.go.com/dickvitale/070504Vitale...allchatter.html