good brief article on brad's firing.

I hope Brad Soderberg was dealing heroin out of his office.

Or sleeping with a student.

Or embezzling cash from his budget.

Or at least drinking Natural Light at a college party.

Because short of a scandal like that the timing of his Tuesday firing makes no sense, and I refuse to believe the Saint Louis University administration is dumb enough to wait until six weeks after the season to remove its coach and start a search for a replacement smack-dab in the middle of a recruiting period.

How crazy is the timing?

According to research done by the St. Louis Post Dispatch's Vahe Gregorian (I'm into giving credit where credit is due), only one other Division I coach in the past five years was fired after April 15. That casualty was Iowa State's Larry Eustachy, and it took pictures of him with a can of beer in his hand and a young lady on his arm at a college party to make that happen.

In other words, this is unprecedented if it's not scandal related.

That's why this had better be scandal related.

If it isn't, SLU's administrators should be next to go.

Meanwhile, there's another opening on the coaching carousel.

Yippie!

I was worried it might end soon, but it won't. And while it's impossible to predict which direction SLU will go given how it was impossible to predict it would go this direction to begin with, some candidates likely to be considered are Western Kentucky's Darrin Horn, Wright State's Brad Brownell, Purdue assistant Cuonzo Martin, Texas A&M assistant Pooh Williamson, former Virginia coach Pete Gillen, former New Mexico coach Fran Fraschilla and former UCLA coach Steve Lavin.

http://www.sportsline.com/columns/weblogs/...arrish_thoughts