SIU's defense brilliant against VTECH

VTIME

Held them to 20 in the first half and they've had 3 possession in the second where Mullins, Tatum and Young/Clemmons have passed the ball around the perimeter to use the entire shot clock and nail a 3 at the shot clock buzzer. Perfect execution!

I think SIU can and will beat Kansas. They are not so much more talented at every position. Kansas has 8 players. Only Arthur and Collins can come off the bench and give you a lot of scoring. Jackson is a big body with some talent, but he's terribly inconsistent. Kansas is a 3pt shooting, fastbreak team. SIU's defense doesnt allow 3pt shots and holds the ball the entire 35 seconds and Tatum, Young and Mullins run back on D when they take outside shots. If Kansas isnt shooting a blistering percentage from the outside, they will lose. As long as SIU can avoid foul trouble they will be fine. SIU has only 6 guys. Its usually 7 with Clemmons and Boyle off the bench, but with Shaw out its 6. SIU being outmatched talent wise is not an uncommon thing and more often than not they come out on top. I'm going with SIU in a close one.

Kansas has four brilliant guards who will all play in the NBA. They are very good defensively and recently have been shooting lights out from the perimiter. Wright may be the best 4 man in the country and they have a 7' center who is a space eater. If Kansas shoots the ball at all well SIU has very little chance to even make it close. I think this is a bad matchup for SIU but they have had a great season just getting to this point.

I dont see Russell Robinson in the NBA. He's a shooting guard playing pg. They moved him from starting sg last year, because Chalmers was the better scorer and he was better than Jeff Hawkins. Wright, Rush, Chalmers, Arthur, and Collins will play in the NBA. The others are HIGHLY questionable.