Brad and Timeouts

CAG

Why doesn't Brad use his timeouts? He seems to go into halftime with 3+ timeouts a lot. I know there's been a few times this year at Scotttrade where we've gone into halftime with all 5 left. I think we had 4 left vs UNC and never used one when UNC went on that run to close out the first half.

I don't get this. Especially when we have these 5 minute droughts during games. I'm not talking about last night, I think we had a 16 minute drought there and actually used a few time outs. Sometimes we'll have numerous turnovers or will get trapped and we still won't call a timeout.

I don't expect him to call a time out and draw up a play b/c I've never seen Brad draw anything up offensively. However, maybe he could call one just to settle his guys down or use it to regroup.

Am I missing something. Do you get anything for keeping your time outs?

Again, I'm not saying time outs would have helped last night. This is more just a concern I have with Brad's in game coaching.

CAG

I agree. I didn't post this in regards to last night's game. I stated that in my post.

This is something I've always thought about but never ended up posting. Just wondering if others have pondered why we tend to save time outs.

CAG

seems to me six to eight unanswered points and a time out should be called to try and break the rhythm of the opppostion or at least let us focus on something else besides our inability to stop them. If we don't use our time outs why do we allow coaching during the game; I have the same thoughts about our losses last year where we were really outcoached in second half league play. This year we were better, but

Kevin Lisch injured had a low 3 pt percentage for a shooting guard and he was the only one to break the press; TL does not drive to the basket enough to be the point guard and who knows what DP offers as an

undersized starter; some games it seems he and JJ were setting the pick for other teams' shooters to jump shoot over their outstretched

arms and planted feet. Everyone seemed to play out of position. Was it because we did not recognize soon enough or pass to the interior soon

enough? It seems IV got down soon enough but many games they just collapsed on him and we did not have a passer who could get it in or he could not get separation. Most frustrating 20 game winning team in all the years I have watched the Billikens. Luke Meyer played better than I expected and after that I would say we were predictable and did

not win games we expected to lose.