Saw Stemler play

Thanks to Nark for the use of the Billiken

in Champaign last night. I wish we had him because it would throw another 30 minutes of pt into the pot, which we sorely need. He could play some 3 and 4 for us. That being said, he does not have a quick trigger - he passed up a lot of open 3s when those were what IU needed to get back in the game. My seat was in Sec B in the corner by the IU bench, and he was playing under my nose a lot.

Great atmosphere; 99% orange and close to a sellout. I couldn't see a section set aside for IU fans. Fans took every opportunity to boo Sampson. Whenever they shot a ft, the orange krush shouted "don't call us; we'll call you." The Krush numbered about 1000, surrounding 3 sides of the court. The place holds just under 17K, so I can see what a pit the new arena could be. The overwhelming color also adds an intimidation factor, so I think we need a NEW COLOR called BILLIKEN BLUE for the uniforms, sweatshirts, tshirts, windbreakers, etc. Everyone attending the first game at the new arena should get an xlg tshirt to wear - surely we can find a sponsor by then.

PS - our band is better...