Ability to break press and keep their poise

Boy, have the Billikens come a long way this year! The win against Dayton was great - the guys kept their poise even after Dayton came within 2 of tying the game. What imposed me much this game (and several other recent games) is the Billikens' ability to break the press. If I recall correctly, they were never really seriously challenged by Dayton's press. They aggressively came toward the passed ball and were spread out well on the court so that they were always able to pass up the court and not get trapped. Earlier this year, I always cringed when another team pressed us. Unless KM dribbled out of the press, it often seemed that our team struggled with the press and frequently turned it over. Well no more. Our boys can break the press and keep their poise. Good job guys.

Boy, have the Billikens come a long way this year! The win against Dayton was great - the guys kept their poise even after Dayton came within 2 of tying the game. What imposed me much this game (and several other recent games) is the Billikens' ability to break the press. If I recall correctly, they were never really seriously challenged by Dayton's press. They aggressively came toward the passed ball and were spread out well on the court so that they were always able to pass up the court and not get trapped. Earlier this year, I always cringed when another team pressed us. Unless KM dribbled out of the press, it often seemed that our team struggled with the press and frequently turned it over. Well no more. Our boys can break the press and keep their poise. Good job guys.

And the beautiful thing is that another ballhandling guard is coming in for next year! But first the Bills have reservations in Atlantic City. Hope they've got their rooms for three nights and they fly home on Sunday. I'm sure the players would like to hang around to see wear SLU comes up in the Selection Show, but Coach Majerus will want to make sure they don't miss class on the 15th. I suspect they won't be able to get back to St. Louis after the A-10 Tournament Championship game to catch the Selection Show.