Help me understand this....

gister

Here is a young coach with a good position, I think, going to a school with no future. Apparently, after all that has supposed to have happened at Baylor, there is no thought of anything near a death penalty for the school. In fact, for an up and coming coach (maybe?) to take this position, there must be some assurance that the punishment won't be all that bad.

Jump ahead to Mizzou (can't help bringing them up since the name of the board has changed). If Baylor holds enough promise for a young coach after all that has happened, Mizzou must be feeling pretty good. A mild hand slap must be all that is expected.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/men...ylor-drew_x.htm

I was surprised to see Scott Drew was the coach tabbed to fix Baylor's broken program.

I think he'll do a good job, though. Drew is young (32) but he established himself as a very good recruiter. He had a good class coming in at Valpo this season -- I'd guess that class was ranked higher than most D-1 schools -- so I was surprised he would be moving on this soon.

Drew should do a good job recruiting Texas. He'll give Baylor a chance to turn things around within a couple years. If he can manage to keep some of the talent in Texas from leaving state lines, Drew could make Baylor a factor in the conference within 5-6 years.

- Nate