Best of luck the rest of the season

RamblinRed

You have a good one in Soderberg (of course I am a WI native so I might be biased), team just needs to keep working hard and keep bringing in better talent.

Things I saw.

St. Louis should be proud of the fact that they are the first team to shoot over 40% from the field and 33% from the 3-pt line against GT. You are also only the second squad to outrebound GT. Finally, St. Louis did an excellent job of forcing GT to play more their style for 20 minutes.

Obviously the second half was a different story. GT outscored St. Louis 33-13 in the first 10:05 of the second half and that was the game. GT made it a priority not to let Bryant touch the ball much and once that happened St. Louis simply doesn't have the offensive weapons to win.

As I mentioned a couple of days ago, I thought GT would come out a little sluggish and sloppy - we tend to play that way coming out of finals and as usual we can't shoot FT's in Philips. We missed 14 against TN last year in this game and missed 10 (7 in the first half Saturday) which helped St. Louis stay closer than I would have liked. As usual GT's opponent had more TO than assists and the guards had a rough time (Drejaj, Fisher, and Bryant were a combined 10-29).

3 pts is the closest any time has been to GT at halftime - beating Cornell's 4-pt deficit.

GT section was actually full but you wouldn't know that from TV. Hawks and Thrashers season ticket holders have the option to get tickets for all events in that arena so alot of those seats in the middle are season ticket seats where local fans didn't show. Other problem was Clemson and UGA got the remaining middle seats since it was a doubleheader and most of them didn't show.

As I said, best of luck the rest of the season and I hope you make some noise in Conf USA.

RamblinRed

Thanks for the posts Ramblin. We are a bit thin at PG this year as we had a juco PG fail to qualify for admission to SLU (although he was NCAA eligible). When Fisher (our starting PG) got his 3rd foul 4 minutes into the 2nd half, I knew your press would bite us ... which it did. You can't take a run at a high quality team like GT playing a walkon at PG for extended minutes (at one point mated at the 2 by a freshman who still seems alittle dazed out there in the bright lights). But help is on the way for our Bills so we remain eternally optimistic.